PDA

View Full Version : Had a Great Sunday Ride

Rob1943
13-01-08, 08:50 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but if not my appology. My son rang me this morning and suggested a ride so I was dressed and ready in about 3mins flat. He lives in Elwood and I'm in Endeavour Hills so we agreed to meet in Belgrave. From there we went back down towards Ferntree Gully and then up to Tremont and Ferny Creek via Mt Dandenong Tourist Rd on to Sassafras to Olinda. Mt Dandenong to Kalorama to Montrose to Lilydale onto Warburton Hwy to Warburton for lunch. Had a lovely home made Pepper Steak Pie a walk around Warburton village then return trip was via Gembrook Launching Place Rd. down thru Hoddles Creek and Gembrook then Cockatoo to Emerald and we split at Wellington Rd back to our homes. The weather was great the roads were fantastic with a lot of bikers out enjoying the day and all in all we had a blast and it was the very best thing for building back up my confidence and I got to know my bike and my balance a lot more.

Sorry for taking so much room up in this thread but I'm still buzzing from a great day out :)

Happy Riding Everyone

Rob1943 :cool:

bigwheels
13-01-08, 11:07 PM
Sometimes a great days ride confirms all thats good about riding, glad you enjoyed it and make sure you get out again soon. Must get down that way again myself.

[Aidan]
14-01-08, 07:43 AM
We probably passed you at some stage Rob!

weekend_rider and I had planned a trip to PI to cruise around, get a bit of sun and try the gokarts at the race circuit.

Left glen wav looking a bit grey but confident it would break up.

Got to Cranny, a few drops, but still keen.

Got to tooradin airport, fairly strong wind and heavy drizzle....ABORT.

Ended up cruising back up thru Berwick to Emerald, across to Belgrave, up the back way to Sassafras, down the tourist rd and into Lysterfield via glenfern rd then home.

Rob1943
15-01-08, 03:20 PM
Thanks bigwheels and your spot on about a good ride making all the difference and I certainly will be doing more with this good weather we are having presently. Sorry I missed you Aidan not that I would have known it as there was quite a few bikers out up that way. Pity you didn't stay in the hills mate as it turned out really nice with no rain what so ever even though it started out a bit overcast. Shall hook up with you another time I hope and anyone else infact ....... Hope you do get down our way again bigwheels in the meantime Ride Safe and Upright :)

Rob1943 :cool:

MIKER
16-01-08, 06:01 PM
^^
glad you had a great ride .. ;)