PDA

View Full Version : Cranbourne Toy Run,

Colsie
07-12-07, 09:01 AM
I made a mistake on the time of arrivel and departure,sorry:o

Meet at the K,Mart Carpark in Cranbourne{its still the same meeting point} Get there 8am and convoy will leave 10am

Cheers :D

IndioGomez
07-12-07, 10:17 AM
See you there Colsie, cheers

Joffaboy
07-12-07, 11:11 AM
thanks Col that's good a couple of extra hours sleep see ya there
anyone else going on the toy run ?

Rob1943
07-12-07, 08:23 PM
I will really try to make it on Sunday but as far as I am concerned it depends on the weather because I'm still getting use to my bike and wet weather has the tendency to scare the crap outta me .......... I'll blame that on my age and the will to get older LOL ;)

See you Sunday morning all going well :D

Colsie
07-12-07, 08:47 PM
I will really try to make it on Sunday but as far as I am concerned it depends on the weather because I'm still getting use to my bike and wet weather has the tendency to scare the crap outta me .......... I'll blame that on my age and the will to get older LOL ;)

See you Sunday morning all going well :D

Yeah riding in the wet aint no joy...But There saying its going to turn bad later in the day ,Thats what they were saying:D so Heres hopen the Morning will be good for the toyrun

IndioGomez
07-12-07, 08:56 PM
Out of curiosity guys, and forgive me if I am ignorant at this (it's my first Toy Run), what will you be wearing? Will you be decorating your bikes, or will you be wearing something special? How about the presents. how many are we suppose to take? Can wa take cash instead in an envelope? Can someone or better yet can everybody tell me what they are doing and wearing?:D

Colsie
07-12-07, 10:01 PM
Just wearing My Normal Bike gear may dress the bike up with Tinsel some folks really go to town dressing there bikes,so its up to you

as for gifts we buy 2 ...1 for a girl and 1 for a boy we rap them and put on a card what age and if for Girl or Boy

cheers

oldwolf
08-12-07, 12:56 PM
Hey PPL
Just wondering if I could join in.
Dont have a Kaw anymore, got a Suzi GSXF now.
Am doing the Toy Run any way, but would like to meet up with someone and hang out before the run.

Article99
08-12-07, 01:33 PM
The more the merrier. I'm not gonna be able to make it unfortunately, got some family rubbish going on tomorrow. Drop Colsie a line tho and he'll sort you out. ;)

http://www.kawariders.com.au/showpost.php?p=25884&postcount=17

Rob1943
08-12-07, 01:46 PM
Well IndioGomez as far as I'm concerned I have dug out an old helmet to which I've glued a Santa Hat and I have a back pack with a Christmas Stocking around it with a LARGE teddy that is my present in it and he has an Aussie Flag in his paw. The bike has some tinsel and raindeer andlers on the tail section ...... don't know if you'll notice me or not LOL

Sure hope weather is kind to us .......... see you ALL tomorrow :)

Colsie
08-12-07, 02:54 PM
Hey PPL
Just wondering if I could join in.
Dont have a Kaw anymore, got a Suzi GSXF now.
Am doing the Toy Run any way, but would like to meet up with someone and hang out before the run.

Oldwolf your more than welcome to meet up,How are we going to Know you?

Article99 sorry you cant make it mate,so if we dont see you Before Xmas have a Great Xmas and a safe and happy New year.we will see ya In 08.

Article99
08-12-07, 04:45 PM
Cheers, mate. Will most probably make it to the Christmas get-together. (Here's hoping.)

If not, have a good one. ;)

gpxbabe
08-12-07, 06:53 PM
I'm riding in with a friend. My red reindeer has grown antlers and a big red nose. Colsie, I'll give you a ring when we get to Cranbourne, but if we don't manage to hook up then safe riding everyone, and have fun. :D PS. I heard there is a Bon Scott tribute band and a sausage sizzle going on at Williamstown.

Rob1943
09-12-07, 02:05 PM
Hello ALL, I'm just home after what turned out to be a terrific day. I started off at Cranbourne car park about 8:50am and after parking the bike I wandered around not knowing who I was looking for but playing the part of belonging there really well :) Then I sighted a person that I thought matched his avatar, IndioGomez, and thankfully it was him. He was with Joffaboy and Colsie and I want to thank them ALL for a warm welcome. The ride to Williamstown was fantastic with the Police giving us special treatment along the Freeway and cutting off the cars and lanes on the Westgate so we had a smooth exit to Williamstown. Once there parking was easy with thanks to the Police and the Marshalls. The array of bikes was mind blowing and some people really go all out with dressing up themselves and their bikes ..... it was really nice to see :)

The one and only let down of the day ............... I never got a photo of myself and the bike, bummer LOL (but managed to get quite a few of others folks).

Once again my thanks to Colsie,IndioGomez & Joffaboy and my apologies to any other AKRF memember who I missed out on meeting.

Colsie
09-12-07, 02:35 PM
It was Good to meet you Rob,sorry we lost you at williamstown,we also misplaced Allan,But It was a great ride and a top Day,Thanks also to GPXBabe and Joffaboy.

Cheers

gpxbabe
09-12-07, 02:53 PM
A great day, and good to hook up with Colsie, IndioGomez and Joffaboy again. Sorry I missed you, Rob1943. Must have been getting a cuppa at the time, but will meet you sometime, no doubt. Sorry you coudn't make it, Andrea; you were missed. The boys were reduced to letching at a PVC-clad
Santa. Wish I'd had a camera to capture their faces! :D

IndioGomez
09-12-07, 05:26 PM
A great day, and good to hook up with Colsie, IndioGomez and Joffaboy again. Sorry I missed you, Rob1943. Must have been getting a cuppa at the time, but will meet you sometime, no doubt. Sorry you coudn't make it, Andrea; you were missed. The boys were reduced to letching at a PVC-clad
Santa. Wish I'd had a camera to capture their faces! :D

You are so right on that one GPXBABE, we got caught bare handed looking at that Mini, I mean.... Woman.
Anyway, we missed everybody else, maybe next time we can organize with the whole Kawasaki Riders gang a get together before the Toy Run so we can have more numbers. The number to beat is 43, that was the biggest presence of members of a certain club.
By the way, Colsie and Joffa, I got lost because I had to leave straight after my misses rang, the little one was a bit unsettled. But thanks again for inviting me and for being there to ride with me, It was grat to finally meet Rob also, good on ya Rob. I will post some photos soon. Cheers

Article99
09-12-07, 06:11 PM
Hehehe. Hey Steve, did you end up going, mate? :)

oldwolf
09-12-07, 07:50 PM
Yeah Zac
Was a great run.
I didnt catch up with AKRF guys and gals, was too busy talking and lookin at all the pretty bikes. :) :D :cool:

Run into williamstown was great, and the rumble through the tunnel was awesome. (sounding like a big kid).
Didnt get any pics of the run itself, (no pillion this year), but will post some pics in the next day or so. Couldnt be stuffed tonite,

Article99
09-12-07, 07:57 PM
Good stuff, mate. You gonna lob to the chrissy bash? :cool:

Joffaboy
10-12-07, 06:04 AM
can only agree with everyone else It was a great day (sorry you had to leave early Alan), good to catch up with the usual suspects and yes we did miss you Andrea

gpxbabe
10-12-07, 06:26 AM
Come on Colsie, post the pictures! :D

Colsie
10-12-07, 07:32 AM
Ill post the pics tonite but there pretty lame,thought I got better snaps Dissapointed maybe Allans Pics will be better.:D

sorry you had to leave early Allan Joffa and myself did look out for ya.

see you Next time;)

Rob1943
10-12-07, 05:05 PM
Hi ALL, I have a couple of photo's and I'll see if I can post them in this thread and if they get thru look for the close up of one as it's of 2 guys I had not meet at the time of taking the photo's but as you will see it's Colsie and Allan. The pin up photo :D is of Allan as we got ready to leave from Williamstown. Sorry I missed you other guys down there as after handing in my gifts I wandered around taking pics of bikes and then headed for a feed in main street. Look forward to meeting up again possibly for the chrissy bash :)

(Footnote : I've just looked at the required file size for photo's and @ max of 112.7kb's for a jpg my photo's would look crap so sorry I won't post them here )

Rob :(

Rob1943
10-12-07, 05:26 PM
Hi again, sorry but I've used a program to reduce my pics and if they turn out crappy it's because the resolution is way below what they were taken at but if that's all is allowed so be it ......... least you get the idea I guess :)

IndioGomez
10-12-07, 05:57 PM
hey guys, sorry I took a while to upload the photos, but here they are: Just a few of the people that help out to load these gifts onto boxes. Check out the Star Wars Clone, that was probably the coolest dude I saw!

MIKER
10-12-07, 06:20 PM
^^
thanks for sharing the pic's .. :cool:

IndioGomez
10-12-07, 06:49 PM
More photos my friends, here are the main stars of THe Toy Run:(You guys reckon that Teddy was big enought for the bike?):D

IndioGomez
10-12-07, 06:54 PM
More photos again, here are some of the AKRF members enjoying their time at the Toy Run.

Article99
10-12-07, 07:40 PM
Hahaha. Jesus christ, Joffa. You look real excited in that fourth pic. :D :p

Joffaboy
10-12-07, 07:55 PM
that's cause I was missin ya....................nob

Article99
10-12-07, 08:33 PM
LOL. :D You gonna cruise round to the factory for the last day slaugher? Word is saxon's getting a nipple piercing for losing the footy tipping. :eek:

Rob1943
10-12-07, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the Photobucket site Joffa and I've open an account but I'm not too sure what URL to put in here I'll try this one and see what happens :o

Besides this it looks like Allan seems to have covered most things so I will only try this one for now to see if this URL thingie works :rolleyes:

Cheers for now, if I post each of my pics that will get me much closer to my 100 posts ............. :p

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/Rob1943/VariousPhotos007.jpg

Rob1943
10-12-07, 10:58 PM
Well Joffa it seems it works so guess what being a keen photographer I'll probably bore the S**t out of most of you now ............. nah don't worry I'll be kind and limit my input to what I hope is interesting to ALL. Please let me know if I do get too carried away with photo's or any other of my threads as I have a tendency to rabbit on a bit :rolleyes:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/Rob1943/VariousPhotos031.jpg

Rob1943
10-12-07, 11:06 PM
Ok ok last one ......... maybe but there was soo many great bikes there and these are only a few of the 48 photo's I took :)

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/Rob1943/VariousPhotos022.jpg

Midnight I'm off to bed and I can hear ya all saying Thank God for that :)

Cheers, Rob

Joffaboy
11-12-07, 06:02 AM
photo's look great rob and you can put more one in a post glad I was able to help

Joffaboy
11-12-07, 06:03 AM
LOL. You gonna cruise round to the factory for the last day slaugher? Word is saxon's getting a nipple piercing for losing the footy tipping.

will try to drop in

Rob1943
11-12-07, 02:23 PM
If I post more than one mate I'll use ALL my photo's up and not get my posts up to the 100 mark quick enough ........ LOL, only joking and yes they do look much better using this method and by the way mate Photobucket do restrict the size to 1024 x 768 but that's cool cause they show up nicely. ( My original photo's are in 3072 x 2304 but this means each one is approx. 3 - 4meg ! ).

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/Rob1943/VariousPhotos029.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/Rob1943/VariousPhotos014.jpg

OK a couple more just to keep you on the edge.

Rob

IndioGomez
11-12-07, 07:00 PM
Great photos Rob, thanks for sharing them with us. By the way, guess who won the best dressed bike at the Cranobourne run..... of course a Kawasaki, take a look guys...

oldwolf
11-12-07, 08:23 PM
Some of the pics I took. http://stlnh.com/oldwolf/
More or less in the order I took them I hope.

Again it was a great day and I enjoyed myself.

I think after looking at the pics again, I was just in front of the AKRF guys.

Joffaboy
11-12-07, 08:39 PM
Just looked at your pic's oldwolf that's myself and col in the first photo just to the right of the pole sorry we missed ya

Article99
11-12-07, 08:39 PM
Yup. Can make out colsie, joffa and allan behind you, I think. ;)

Rob1943
11-12-07, 08:56 PM
Hey Oldwolf, awesome photo's mate and thankfully you got my ole ugly dial in a couple :) I'm standing with Joffa, Colsie and Allan in one and an earlier one I'm looking lost LOL

Look forward to meeting up with you sometime soon but in meantime thanks for sharing your shots.

Rob1943