PDA

View Full Version : Christmas get-together lunch

zx10ollie
28-11-07, 05:17 PM
Hi all, with xmas commin up i thought it might be a good idea to get all us Victorian Kawariders all together for a lunch gathering!
I am thinking maybe Geelong somewhere or any suggetions as i dont really know where everybody lives, so a spot that is easy to find and can accomadate us all could be anywhere?
A sunday would be the prime day as most people either have the day off or can organise to get it, so give me some feedback people!
A good spot would also have some nice riding roads for a great afternoon cruise/blast to top it all off:D

Article99
28-11-07, 05:20 PM
Perhaps have the ride before the event, rather than after. (Specially if one or two tinnies are sunk during the process.) ;)

zx10ollie
28-11-07, 05:26 PM
Im workin saturday nights again dont get home till 6 in the mornin so i sleep till about 10-11 so i would be out for ridin sunday mornin, thats why i was thinkin lunch then ride, but you can all ride in the mornin

Article99
28-11-07, 05:57 PM
Can't see any reason not to make it an arvo event. Seein as its daylight savins an all.

MIKER
28-11-07, 06:06 PM
Sounds like a good idea , Geelong seems like a good place . there are a few beach side eating places etc , i'd certainly be interested in joining in for a relaxed arvo ride & get together .. ;)

gpxbabe
28-11-07, 06:13 PM
Don't forget the 9th is the Cranbourne Toy Run, if anyone is doing it. I can make the 2nd (this Sunday) or the 16th.

MIKER
28-11-07, 06:16 PM
hey "Brent" post up the day / date / time , we can meet up @ eastern beach area of geelong . as theres plenty of parking etc ..

zx10ollie
28-11-07, 06:22 PM
well i was thinkin a sunday so most of us are free, and around 11.30-12.30, and maybe the 16th december?

MIKER
28-11-07, 06:25 PM
^^
yeh o.k. that's good enough . :) Eastern Beach rally point ;)

Article99
28-11-07, 08:21 PM
Damn. Looks like I'll be out for that. Don't knock off until the 21st. :(

MIKER
29-11-07, 08:25 PM
i'll be inviting the ussual crowd , that i ride with to join us .. ;)

dreyfus19
30-11-07, 10:44 AM
Here's a thought .. could every major city have one of these .. and if the AKRF stickers/patches are ready by then even better.

zx10ollie
03-12-07, 05:39 PM
So whats happening people ?
i thought there would be a few more put there hands up for the idea of the christmas get together:D
Its lookin like it may be a "usual suspects" day but its always a great day no matter what, so come on all especially the ones that havent had a group meet n greet yet:cool:

aossie
03-12-07, 06:36 PM
Sorry booked out for weekend between now and xmas. working both weekends and day shift for xmas::rolleyes:

Scarecrow_01
04-12-07, 10:52 PM
Well it looks like I WILL now be able to make it for sure.
In fact it sounds like it will be a nice way to finish off the weekend, work Christmas party on the Friday and then my least favourite day of the year on the Saturday: Christmas shopping. :(

So I think a ride and meet and greet will defiantly go well, too bad I wont be able to sink a few cans in the process.

MIKER
05-12-07, 06:29 AM
well the ussual guys i ride with are busy , i will also be busy with my works christmas get together "sorry" ..

ZX10R_Damo
12-12-07, 12:43 PM
Hi all, I am free for the 16th and I havent done a meet and greet yet, although we most likely walked past each other at the toy run in Williamstown on Saunday judging by the photos posted.

The weather report is not looking the best, if it isnt raining I will be there, but wil have to leave at 4pm to be back in Melbourne by 5ish - I have my work Christmas drinks on that night.

PS: I have no idea where the meeting place is in Geelong, if there is anyone that is coming form the St Kilda side I can meet them somewhere along the way and ride over together?

zx10ollie
12-12-07, 02:39 PM
hi guys n girls so where do we meet? hmm it needs to be somewhere nice n easy for all to find so maybe that place on the water in the heart of Geelong where the helicopter takes off from!
or throw about some ideas cause im just thinking of an easy place, but needs aircon cause all us smelly leather wearers:eek: gets a bit hot:D

gpxbabe
12-12-07, 07:42 PM
Not going to be able to make it after all, unfortunately, but hope you all have a great time, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Looking forward to catching up with you on a ride next year :)

Rob1943
13-12-07, 10:52 AM
Hi and a Very Merry Christmas back at you GPXbabe pity you can't make the Chrissy Bash but I'm sure I'll get to meet you one day in the future on another run.

Have a good one, Rob1943 :cool:

Rob1943
13-12-07, 11:01 AM
G'day ZX10ollie, I'll try to make it down there on Sunday mate as long as the weather holds out but because of prior commitments I won't be able to do the extra run your proposing. But still it will be nice to "meet n greet" a few other AKRF members and put faces to "Nics" sorta speak :)

Don't know that helicopter spot but I'll find it and I'll look out for a few Kawaka's along the way :)

I better read the threads again to check on a time :confused:

Cheers for now, Rob

Rob1943
13-12-07, 04:36 PM
OK I've Googled the area and can't see any helipad but can see Eastern Beach and the Pool and the Wooden Cravings right next to a huge parking area and there is a Beach House Restaurant at the pool area. So if weather is kind I'll look for some bikes around that area at approx. 11.30 - 12midday :)

Rob1943 :cool:

zx10ollie
14-12-07, 06:18 AM
hi all , fingers crossed i am able to make it cause i ordered a new front tyre at the start of the week cause mines not too flash so ive been going for after work blasts every night this week to get the most out of it:D
so i ring them yesterday to arrange commin up tonight to get it fitted and they tell me they dont have it yet:mad:

Krzn2getha
14-12-07, 06:33 AM
Have a great time on Sunday everyone. We live only 10km from where you are all going to gather but I will be 4000km away at work at the time. I fly back in Monday morning :mad: Lynny and I would have loved to meet you all. Have a safe Christmas :)

zx10ollie
14-12-07, 09:22 PM
so people whos commin? and the place that i mentioned , is that where we meet or is there an easier place?

Rob1943
15-12-07, 01:31 PM
Well from where we live we see all the way across the bay towards Geelong or Queenscliff actually and it looks like this rain is settling in for the W/E :( and this means no riding for this ole guy. If it should stop by tomorrow and looks like staying away for a while then I'll ride on down to that pool area in Eastern Beach otherwise ...............

"A Very Merry Christmas to ALL"

Rob1943 :)

zx10ollie
15-12-07, 10:16 PM
Hi all so for anyone thats thinking of coming along, the only way i can describe the place is its in the heart of Geelong where the nightclubs n stuff are then right down by the water there is a restaurant/bar type of place and the sea helicopter that does tourist rides takes off from there as well, so when you get there if your still a bit lost just duck into one of the shops and ask them bout the helicopter cause they all seem to know bout it:D
same time frame too, 11.30-12.30 then have a bite to eat and a drink then head off for a blast down the Great Ocean racetrack:p just kidding:D

zx10ollie
15-12-07, 10:17 PM
oh yeah i forgot to add, unless the weather is looking crappola

ZX10R_Damo
16-12-07, 09:18 AM
Sorry all wont be there, I have been hit with the flu yesterday and am feeling very crap today.

Have a great ride.

Rob1943
16-12-07, 07:16 PM
Well my son and I rode down to Geelong and got there in time for lunch but after riding up and down the car park a couple of times we decided just to pull in where the helicopter was .......... and guess what there was 2 wee lonely lads sitting on the wall looking like they needed some other biker company :)

Just want to thank Ollie and Slow Poke for a great n meet and it was great to be able to put another two faces to nics from this forum. A couple of cool dudes and it was our pleasure to meet you guys. Sorry we couldn't join you for that squirt down the Great Ocean racetrack and I hope you had a ball.

Once again thanks guys and cheers for now, Rob1943:cool:

zx10ollie
16-12-07, 09:06 PM
hi all finally rolled home at a bit after 9 and it was a great day, firstly havin lunch with "Rob1943" and his son , awesum to meet you to guys by the way, then myself and "slowpoke" headed for the Great Ocean Racetrack, all the way down to Apollo Bay where we were greeted by a damn raincloud:eek: mind you it was at about 5.30 so we done pretty good weather wise so then we decieded to take off back to Lorne to get away from it and head through the usual route where the weather was awesum (big difference and only like 20klms away) so until next time people "stay upright" but lean in on corners:D

MIKER
16-12-07, 10:29 PM
^^
A great day was had .. :cool:

Rob1943
17-12-07, 06:44 PM
Great to hear you both had a good ride Ollie ........ we only got some bad winds on our way back but I cam blame some of that on the "Big Breekie" I had with you guys .. LOL. By the time we got back to Elwood where my son lives the sun was out in full so we stopped again for a coffee then I left him and headed on home :)

Yes Mean1 a good day was had by ALL .... just wish a few more folks could have made it down there but next time eh !

Cheers, Rob1943 :cool:

MIKER
17-12-07, 07:45 PM
Yes Mean1 a good day was had by ALL .... just wish a few more folks could have made it down there but next time eh !

Cheers, Rob1943 :cool:

next time .. :D

slow_poke
18-12-07, 08:56 PM
oll's didn't say about the lack of traffic we had,going down the ocean road,which made for some "fun times" and some wear on the side's of our boots. We need to ride the full road more often we's think's....