PDA

View Full Version : Spur ride 18/11/07

zx10ollie
09-11-07, 07:55 PM
Hi guys n girls as the post says im thinkin we all go for a ride to the black spur:eek: , its an absolute dream of a road so dont nobody be scared of the ride! For those that no it no what i mean and for those that dont if you like rainforests you will love it, also its as smooth as a babys bum.
I am thinkin we all meet up at the Whittlesea Caltex servo at about 9.30-10 then head down to Kinglake then off to Healsville then through the first Spur to Marysville for some lunch at the bakery, then down Reefton Spur to the Reefton Pub for a beer and then back homewards:cool:
anyways let me know what you think and any sugestions to throw about and/or questions, as you all know i went down that route cup day so i can inform of what the roads were like that day so dont be scared come one come all

Article99
09-11-07, 09:03 PM
I'm in for sure this time. :D

Scarecrow_01
10-11-07, 06:03 AM
sounds like a great idea.
I'll do my best to keep up, hehehehe:rolleyes:

MIKER
10-11-07, 06:25 AM
good idea 'brent' if the weather stay dry a few days prior the ride i most likely be in , but i dont have a clue were the servo is .. :)

MorganGT
10-11-07, 12:14 PM
Sounds good, weather permitting I'm in! Whittlesea through to Healesville via Kinglake will be a great warmup to get into the right 'mood' for hitting the Spurs - haven't yet done Reefton Spur on a bike (almost unforgivable for a Melbourne motorcyclist!) and look forward to it!

Mean1, the Caltex in Whittlesea is easy to find - from your end of town take the Western Ring Road all the way round to the Plenty Road exit, turn left and head up Plenty Road which takes you direct to Whittlesea. Keep on the main road through town, the Caltex is just after the pub on the right hand side of the road.

On the Marysville to Cumberland Junction section the side road up to Lake Mountain ought to be a good blast on a bike - haven't had the chance to do it by bike yet, but have done it at night, at speed, very sideways in a car when there was 2-3 inches of snow on the road!

zx10ollie
10-11-07, 01:25 PM
thanx "MorganGT" for the directions for the Melbourne people, as you say its straight through so i dont know how long it takes you guys to get to Whittlesea but i will hopefully land there about 9.30 so i am thinkin its about 45 to an hour from Westgate servo? so if whoever is meeting up there at 9.00 as "Mike" said we could make it a 10.00 at the Whittlesea Caltex:D
How does that sound people?
That way we can get there and let everybody know the general direction of travel, its a pretty straight forward run that im sure there will be quite a few of us know exactly the route we will be takin anyways so there will always be a "marker" person.
There is stops along the way that break the ride at just the right times if anybody is at all worried, so as i said dont nobody be scared to come and join in on the awesum ride:cool:
That means you VixenAndrea:p

Scarecrow_01
11-11-07, 02:32 AM
Hi Guys,
I have two mates that want to come along, one that rides a CBR250 and another , female, who rides a suzuki 250.
Any objections?

Article99
11-11-07, 05:59 AM
*Looks around*

I ride a 250, too. Anyone object to me coming? :p

None from this direction, mate. :cool:

finallyridingagain
11-11-07, 08:46 AM
going to try my best to make this one - missed out on todays ride due to other plans :(

but plenty of days yet!

Scarecrow_01
11-11-07, 09:11 AM
Just double checking on-line, The Caltex that we're planning to meet up at is the one on the Corner of Beech & Forest Streets, Whittlesea?

MIKER
11-11-07, 09:38 AM
i'm farking hopeless with directions , so i'll see how things go . i most likely get lost , but doesnt matter as i'll ride anyway .. :D

MorganGT
11-11-07, 10:12 AM
Just double checking on-line, The Caltex that we're planning to meet up at is the one on the Corner of Beech & Forest Streets, Whittlesea?
That's the spot - Melways map 246, G8. You'll know if you miss it, since just after it is a park, the Showgrounds, a couple of houses then you're out in the country again.

MorganGT
11-11-07, 10:19 AM
i'm farking hopeless with directions , so i'll see how things go . i most likely get lost , but doesnt matter as i'll ride anyway .. :D
You'll find it OK, remember, you weren't the one that got lost on the GOR ride!

And Article, nobody could object to you coming just because you ride a 250 - you can hustle it along faster than I can ride my overbored 750! Just don't make me have to pull it out from under a guardrail again! ;)

There isn't a problem having 250 riders along, since we tend to each set our own pace, but stop at regular intervals to group back up again. It's safer that way, as everybody can pick a pace that suits them, regardless of the size or type of bike they ride, and their level of confidence and experience. And if we make the stopping points those spots where we have to take turnoffs, nobody should get lost!

zx10ollie
11-11-07, 10:28 AM
I dont know the name of the streets that the Caltex is on but im thinkin there is only one, but if there is two of them go to both and where all us bikers are then thats the one:D

zx10ollie
11-11-07, 10:32 AM
thanx "MorganGT" cause i have no idea of the street names, just where were goin:D The weather is ment to be fantastic too, but thats what they say now

MorganGT
11-11-07, 01:25 PM
I dont know the name of the streets that the Caltex is on but im thinkin there is only one, but if there is two of them go to both and where all us bikers are then thats the one:D
I'm pretty certain there's only one service station there now, there used to be another as you came into Whittlesea but it closed a few years back. I know the Caltex because my last job was working on a house renovation nearby (the next house you come to after the Caltex).
If you get lost and go looking for a group of bikers, don't get confused if you find a bunch parked outside the icecream shop in the main street - the Ulysses club often uses that as a meeting point!

MIKER
11-11-07, 08:57 PM
hey Brent , which way are you entering melb ? are you willing to meet up @ the shell servo @ the west gate bridge city bound @ approx 9:00am ? this way i wont get lost & can ride up as a group ..

MIKER
12-11-07, 07:04 AM
the thing that annoys me riding the Spurs are other idiot riders & way to many cops , i had a mate get collected from a hopeless rider on a GPX250 . the guy on the GPX250 lost control mid corner & went straight into my mate :eek: , so it isnt my favorite ride "so to speak" ..

VixenAndrea
12-11-07, 07:43 AM
i might hook up with you all at Healesville somewhere....

zx10ollie
12-11-07, 03:39 PM
hey Brent , which way are you entering melb ? are you willing to meet up @ the shell servo @ the west gate bridge city bound @ approx 9:00am ? this way i wont get lost & can ride up as a group ..

hi Mike , i dont actually go near Melbourne to get to Whittlesea from my place, i head to Kyneton then across to Kilmore then to Whittlesea.
I head more easterly than southerly from Kyneton.
Who else is commin from Melbourne? If you just follow the ring road past Hume Hwy you will see Plenty road exit, i think its like 2 or 3 after you just take that and follow it all the way into Whittlesea:D

MIKER
12-11-07, 05:27 PM
i ussually meet @ a servo in the area , i have riden the area quite a few times . but i dont know street names etc , i will see how things pan out ..

Scarecrow_01
12-11-07, 10:13 PM
the thing that annoys me riding the Spurs are other idiot riders & way to many cops , i had a mate get collected from a hopeless rider on a GPX250 . the guy on the GPX250 lost control mid corner & went straight into my mate :eek: , so it isn't my favorite ride "so to speak" ..

Mean, as a GPX250 rider I promise I wont take anyone out! :D

I am coming from Melbourne but from out on the other side, I live in Berwick, just around the corner from GPXBabe, But will be heading in from a mates place in Wantirna South.
We'll be taking the eastern into the city and then heading out again along the northern ring road, could meet you somewhere along there if you wanted?

MIKER
13-11-07, 06:25 AM
^^
no prob's .. :D

VixenAndrea
13-11-07, 06:57 AM
unless we all congregate at knox city and go from there..... that way anyone over our side can meet up and travel over together

finallyridingagain
13-11-07, 06:59 AM
sorry guys - cant make it - working that sunday. damn damn damn.........wish it was on a saturday

Scarecrow_01
13-11-07, 06:59 AM
That sounds really good.
The Mobil on the corner of Burwood Hwy and Stud Rd would be ideal to meet up near there.

zx10ollie
13-11-07, 02:31 PM
Good to hear that there is a good bunch of us heading out to the Spurs:D
Now lets count on some nice weather, so far there is 8 or 9 of us but thats not including people that have not posted a reply so im thinkin, a few more will be commin along as well?
So check back towards the end of the week and we can see how many of us there is:cool:

Article99
13-11-07, 06:56 PM
That sounds really good.
The Mobil on the corner of Burwood Hwy and Stud Rd would be ideal to meet up near there.

Sounds good to me. ;)

MIKER
14-11-07, 07:44 PM
myself , Gerard & Robbo most likely be joining in . we will be going that way come sunday & hopefully can find you guys , but otherwise keep a eye out for us .. :)

MIKER
15-11-07, 06:24 AM
the weather is certainly looking good , the roads should be nice & dry @ the spurs .. :)

Scarecrow_01
15-11-07, 02:55 PM
the weather is certainly looking good , the roads should be nice & dry @ the spurs .. :)

Yeah the forecast for the rest of the week is fantastic, I think saturday morning is meant to bring some coastal showers but sunday looks great with a low of 13 and a top of 31, may need to break out the summer jackets!!

Scarecrow_01
15-11-07, 04:50 PM
So..........
Whose coming along on for the ride on sunday?
I theres anyone from south east, did you want to meet up at knox before heading out?

Article99
15-11-07, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I'll meet yas at knox. :cool:

VixenAndrea
16-11-07, 07:01 AM
I'll come but what time?

VixenAndrea
16-11-07, 07:08 AM
we better swap numbers too

Scarecrow_01
16-11-07, 07:08 AM
Well according to my ever faithful TomTom, thank god for PDA smart phones with GPS :D , its about an hours ride from Wantirna south up to Whittlesea.

So, if we meet up just before 8am, that should give us plenty of time to get over to meet the others, plus a stop or two to check directions.

Have any of you guys ridden from Wantirna to Whittlesea before?
If so feel free to lead the way

MIKER
16-11-07, 07:13 AM
i will be riding up with a couple of riding mate's , i will just keep a eye out for you guys . regardless if we find the group :confused: , it will be a nice day for a ride .. :)

Article99
16-11-07, 03:20 PM
Sorry guys. Looks like I'm out for Sunday. Picked up some extra hours at work. :D

VixenAndrea
16-11-07, 04:48 PM
anyone else meeting at knox? i have nfi how to get to whittlesea from there.....

Scarecrow_01
16-11-07, 05:11 PM
What do you reckon. Meet up at the Mobil around 7:30/ 7:45?

zx10ollie
16-11-07, 08:13 PM
Well guys n girls looks like we are going to get awesum weather for the ride sunday so i thought i had better put up the list of riders comming along:D
Myself "zx10ollie"
Duane "gixxer1000"
Scarecrow01 plus
CBR guy
Suzuki girl
MorganGT
VixenAndrea
and hopefully MEAN 1, Gerard and Robbo will meet up with us as well
So its looking like a great day will be on the cards:cool:

VixenAndrea
16-11-07, 09:29 PM
i'm also trying to get joffaboy to come - i reckon it would be good for him

Scarecrow_01
16-11-07, 09:38 PM
i'm also trying to get joffaboy to come - i reckon it would be good for him

With the sort of atmosphere we should all be generating it would be a great chance to boost everyones confidence in a good environment with no pressure at all.

I'm sure we all know this but I just want to reinforce what has been said before and that, you can all ride at your own pace, and to your own ability.

Theres not point being pushed along trying to keep up with others because thats when mistakes are made and accidents happen and people get hurt.

The whole point of group rides like this is for like minded people to get together and enjoy the activity that means so much to us: riding.

anyway thats my two cents worth, and probably a little bit of change too.

LEWYLEWY
17-11-07, 12:43 AM
Hi all my first post, have been meaning to join you guys for a ride one day, not sure if I can on Sunday as I have a housewarming party to attend on Saturday night.

Never knew this club existed but met VixenAndrea briefly at the Pink Ribbon Ride. Andrea, you pulled up next to us in the Maroondah Reservoir car park, I was on the Red Ninja 900 and my friend Kaz was on the Red Z750 and you told us the name of the club because you thought we were members already with our Kwakas.

Anyway just wanted to forewarn you all of a Police bike on the Black Spur that sits on the grassy shoulder on a long downhill straight which you come into after a long sweeping corner so some of you may have your speed up already blasting out of this joyful sweeper. This section is maybe 7kms from the start of the spur from Healesville and the Police bike has a speed detection device mounted on it so be careful, don't want your day ruined with a speeding fine not that any of you fine citizens would be speeding of course. He was there last week so with the fine weather and influx of riders you would expect him to be busy nabbing all the bikers.

Anyway have fun out there its a blast and I will join you all one day soon for a blat.

Michael

Scarecrow_01
17-11-07, 06:00 AM
Welcome to the forum Michael, hopeful we'll see you out there soon, if not on sunday!

THANK YOU for the heads up! Highly appreciate it. I do know that out dear friends in blue do like to hang out along the Black Spur and "keep an eye on things" and with the weather looking as fine as it does for this weekend, they'll be sure to be out in force.

Thanks again mate.

-Scotty

MIKER
17-11-07, 06:41 AM
welcome "Michael" the spurs used to be a great ride & high speeds could be attained without much risk of police being around , IMO the main reason i stay away from the spurs of late is due to this (to many cop's) . my current stomping grounds allow for me & my riding mates to go @ speeds that make riding worth it , i nearly fall asleep @ speeds from 150kph & under .. :D

p.s. i'm guessing Sundays ride will be a slow ride (thanks Vic police) :rolleyes: & thats "NO FUN" .. :eek:

zxrmad
17-11-07, 06:59 AM
Hi all my first post, have been meaning to join you guys for a ride one day, not sure if I can on Sunday as I have a housewarming party to attend on Saturday night.

Welcome to the site Lewy. Any pics of your 900 mate?

Cheers,
Brian

Joffaboy
17-11-07, 07:11 AM
Hi people still got this bloody cold (coughing and sneezing)
will see how I feel in the morning maybe some one could come over and rub Vick on my chest (males need not bother) :D :D

MIKER
17-11-07, 07:14 AM
Hi people still got this bloody cold (coughing and sneezing)
will see how I feel in the morning maybe some one could come over and rub Vick on my chest (males need not bother) :D

^^
rub the Vic's on yourself :rolleyes: :p , otherwise hope to see you around .. ;)

VixenAndrea
17-11-07, 09:04 AM

Never knew this club existed but met VixenAndrea briefly at the Pink Ribbon Ride. Andrea, you pulled up next to us in the Maroondah Reservoir car park, I was on the Red Ninja 900 and my friend Kaz was on the Red Z750 and you told us the name of the club because you thought we were members already with our Kwakas.

Anyway just wanted to forewarn you all of a Police bike on the Black Spur that sits on the grassy shoulder on a long downhill straight which you come into after a long sweeping corner so some of you have may your speed up already blasting out of this joyful sweeper. This section is maybe 7kms from the start of the spur from Healesville and the Police bike has a speed detection device mounted on it so be careful don't want your day ruined with a speeding fine not that any of you fine citizens would be speeding of course. He was there last week so with the fine weather and influx of riders you would expect him to be busy nabbing all the bikers.

Anyway have fun out there its a blast and I will join you all one day soon for a blat.

Michael

Welcome Michael and Kaz..... would be great if you could make it but of course if you're ahem 'under the weather' on Sunday morning then I don't guess there's much chance hahaha
Of course I remember you and Kaz and hope you guys join other rides - the guys and girls on here are all fantastic people... if you remember the people i was with (girl and 2 guys) they are all part of the forum too
glad to see you made it on here
Andrea

VixenAndrea
17-11-07, 09:18 AM
i've just found out i have to take Mum tomorrow so I can't go on the ride after all - BUGG&R!!!!!

Scarecrow_01
17-11-07, 09:42 AM
Well thats no good then Andrea. :(

Can those of you that are going to meet at the Mobil in Knox on sunday morning please PM me, so that we can swap numbers and confirm how many will be meeting there so we don't leave anyone behind.

zx10ollie
17-11-07, 12:09 PM
Hi all, so all of you in Melbourne if you could post up what the weather is doing down that way cause up my way were starting to get a thunderstorm:mad: , i just walked out to take my bike into town to fuel up then come home and do some adjustments and lube but i aint now!
it will be a mornin job, nice n early.
If it gets too wild it will make the Spurs an absolute nightmare for us riders, with crap on the road like trees:eek: , so we may have to maybe just change the route to maybe GOR or suggestions, i know its a shame cause the Spurs rock but the thing that i am foremost concerned about is rider safety which i think we all agree on.
So i thought i would get this up nice n early so if we do change it which is not really a problem cause were all out for a good days riding we can notify everybody
cheers
Brent

LEWYLEWY
17-11-07, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the site Lewy. Any pics of your 900 mate?

Cheers,
Brian

Allo Brian

I actually don't have many photos at all of it

But I have uploaded one into my Avatar taken by a girl from the Thursday netrider coffee nights.

Its 1999 Candy Apple Red with a very very loud Stainless Steel Aftermark exhaust, polished wheels (when I can) and a hugger which I managed to buy from another rider off ebay.

Its a lot of fun goes like the clackers.

MIKER
17-11-07, 12:53 PM
Hi all, so all of you in Melbourne if you could post up what the weather is doing down that way cause up my way were starting to get a thunderstorm:mad: , i just walked out to take my bike into town to fuel up then come home and do some adjustments and lube but i aint now!
If it gets too wild it will make the Spurs an absolute nightmare for us riders, with crap on the road like trees:eek: , so we may have to maybe just change the route to maybe GOR or suggestions, i know its a shame cause the Spurs rock but the thing that i am foremost concerned about is rider safety which i think we all agree on.
So i thought i would get this up nice n early so if we do change it which is not really a problem cause were all out for a good days riding we can notify everybody
cheers
Brent

myself , Robbo , Gerard will be in tommorow . but if the weather goes foul , am always :D to change the plan & go riding @ warp speed through the GOR .. :D

MorganGT
17-11-07, 04:36 PM
cheers
Brent
Looks like the weather forecast for tomorrow has just changed dramatically since the one I read this morning - now it is:

"Forecast for Saturday evening
A brief shower or two and the risk of a thunderstorm, but fine for most of the
time. Partly cloudy with wind tending light to moderate southerly.

Precis: Mainly fine.

Forecast for Sunday
Cloudy periods with a few showers and the risk of a thunderstorm. Moderate to
fresh northerly wind and afternoon bayside seabreezes.

Precis: Few showers.
City: Min 15 Max 31"

It has rained here (northern suburbs) a few times over the afternoon. Will have to wait and see how it looks in the morning before I decide whether to go now! And I just spent the whole morning cleaning the bike, changing the oil (contaminated with fuel after my fuel tap and a float valve conspired together to fill a cylinder with fuel a couple of days ago!), manufacturing a tool to rotate the eccentric adjusters on the swingarm and then adjusting chain tension and wheel alignment.

P.S. This is the Victoria-wide forecast - looks even worse!
"Tonight and Sunday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms clearing in the
southwest during the day. Local severe thunderstorms at first about the ranges,
with possible flash flooding, large hail and damaging winds. A warm to hot day
with moderate to locally fresh northeast to northwesterly wind shifting
southwest to southerly later in the west."

zx10ollie
17-11-07, 04:44 PM
yep good call "MorganGT" i think the weather is turning for the worst, definatly not lookin good for the spurs:mad:
If its lookin like clearing up in the morning i think we head towards GOR?
Every1 let me know if thats ok and we can just alter the meeting place for the Laverton Shell servo just on the Point Cook exit on the West Gate/Princess freeway

Scarecrow_01
17-11-07, 07:37 PM
what sort of time would you be looking at meeting up out there?

zx10ollie
17-11-07, 08:07 PM
im thinkin that myself and Duane will hook up with you guys at Anakie, so if you all meet up at the servo that i mentioned then Mean 1, Robbo and Gerard can take you guys n girls on a nice blast on some backroads through to Anakie to hook up with us:D then down a few more great roads onto the GOR

zx10ollie
17-11-07, 08:31 PM
thinkin if we hook up at about 9.30 at Anakie would be awesum i think its only about 30 mins from the Laverton shell so if that sound like a plan just post back
cheers

MIKER
17-11-07, 08:37 PM
what is the weather going to be , out west ?

zx10ollie
17-11-07, 09:17 PM
Ok its all set meeting point is at the Laverton Shell servo at 8.30-8.45
Gerard and Robbo will be there to meet you all and then heading out to Anakie to hook up with us
see you all tomorow
For anyone that dont know where it is the easiest way to explain is go along the west gate freeway Geelong bound and keep going till you see the Point Cook exit and the servo is virtually on the exit
but if you like private message me your mobile number and i will give you a call in the morning, i will be leaving at about 8

MorganGT
17-11-07, 09:51 PM
OK, if the weather looks a bit more promising in the morning I'll head down to Laverton for 8.30. Pity we're not meeting at Whittlesea at 10 anymore, it's only a quick blast from here so there's another 2 hours less sleep I'll be getting :rolleyes:

Scarecrow_01
17-11-07, 09:56 PM
Hey guys,
I'm sorry to say but i think i'll be giving this one a miss.
I'm still out at the moment tonight and its gonna be a bit to early to get up and be at Laverton by 8:30.

I'm thinking of heading down to the GOR in a couple of weeks so i'm just gonna wait till then and go for a bit of a local ride tomorrow.

Have fun, i'll catch you soon

mike.g
17-11-07, 10:41 PM
^^
have a great ride guy's & stay upright .. :)

MorganGT
18-11-07, 05:54 AM
I'm giving it a miss - it's currently bucketing down here, and the weather radar shows a huge band of rain that might clear later, but not by the time I would have to leave here!

zx10ollie
18-11-07, 06:18 AM
Hi guys it is an absolute **** of a day, strong wind warnings, rain, hail so its a pull the pin day:mad:
All week the heat was close to unbearable and now look at it,oh well untill next time
Stay Upright:cool:

Scarecrow_01
18-11-07, 07:16 AM
Hey guys, the weather is beyond Farked. Its a goddamn joke.
Ah well not much we can do about it.
Just hope it clears up a bit for tomorrow, that way I wont have to do the test in the rain.

zx10ollie
18-11-07, 09:32 PM
Well guys i must say that you all missed out:p we deceided to go for it cause it looked like it was gonna clear up and it did, in a big way
So we had a blast around the usual haunts around lorne and the great road

Scarecrow_01
19-11-07, 06:21 AM
Good to hear it. After the initial down pour I ended up going back to bed for a couple of hours. But after lunch when it started to clear up we decided to go hit Mt Dandenong.
Awesome ride, we ended up spending about 4hrs out there, and even ended up directing traffic at the roundabout at the bottom of the hill because a stupid d!ckhead "Didn't see him" and the guy on the bike jumped on his brakes and went over the front.

Only concern I have is when I did get a nice little footpeg scrape, I think I scraped the edge of my stand too!! :D

slow_poke
19-11-07, 06:54 PM
well i hear ,there is a girl in lorne ,called sara that hates zx10 rider's....hmm maybe.

zx10ollie
19-11-07, 07:10 PM
nah Sara loves us 10 riders mate she just dont know it yet:p
Great value, top chick just have to give it back to her

MIKER
19-11-07, 07:26 PM
Well guys i must say that you all missed out:p we deceided to go for it cause it looked like it was gonna clear up and it did, in a big way
So we had a blast around the usual haunts around lorne and the great road

never mind , there will be plenty more ride's to be had in the future .. :)

Article99
19-11-07, 07:33 PM
Only concern I have is when I did get a nice little footpeg scrape, I think I scraped the edge of my stand too!! :D

A common myth. You probably weren't cranked over as far as you thought you were. The center stand bounces when going through a bumpy corner. Have a look at the bottom of the skiis on it. ;)

I've done a proper grind of both once. Twas a fine sunny day in September... :o :D

MIKER
19-11-07, 07:38 PM
^^
yes you did .. :rolleyes: :eek: :p

zx10ollie
19-11-07, 07:44 PM
i remember that we call it an "article":p

MIKER
19-11-07, 07:47 PM
i remember that we call it an "article":p

"Exactly" thats what we call it , go down & its reffered to as a "Article" .. :rolleyes: :p

Article99
19-11-07, 08:35 PM
LOL. :D
Think I'm almost proud of that. :cool:

MorganGT
19-11-07, 08:52 PM
I've done a proper grind of both once. Twas a fine sunny day in September... :o :D
More than just a grind, more like a snap! I think one of them ended up being tossed over the cliff as a sacrifice to the guardrail gods for preventing you going over too!:D Fortunately a GPX is JUST wider than the gap below the guardrail - or at least it was before!

Article99
19-11-07, 09:58 PM
Nope. Found that in the gravel when I came back with the trailer. Still have it in the shed somewhere. ;)

Scarecrow_01
19-11-07, 10:11 PM
A common myth. You probably weren't cranked over as far as you thought you were. The center stand bounces when going through a bumpy corner. Have a look at the bottom of the skiis on it. ;)

Hehehehe I have heard about that little incident.

But in this case its actually the foot of the side stand that I've scraped, not the centre stand.

Ah well as the instructor kept on drumming into us when I did my P's today: "If your not leaning, your not turning"

gpxbabe
20-11-07, 11:38 AM
I'm assuming you passed, then? :) Must have been very hot doing it yesterday.

slow_poke
20-11-07, 06:29 PM
where is the report ,on the GOR ride last sunday in the rain(not)hmm

Scarecrow_01
21-11-07, 08:01 PM
I'm assuming you passed, then? :) Must have been very hot doing it yesterday.

It was hot, and because I stayed at my girlfriends place on sunday. I only had my leather jacket with me , not my lightweight textile one.
It made for an extremely hot day.
But yes I did pass, only accumulated 24 points! very happy with my efforts:D

zx10ollie
23-11-07, 08:56 PM
where is the report ,on the GOR ride last sunday in the rain(not)hmm

Why dont you fill us in "Duane" me and your Gixxer had a nice brake heating moment:D

slow_poke
23-11-07, 09:30 PM
did you say something about a gixxer,how rude.And you call yourself a kwaka man,hey tell me what bike did you learn on?

zx10ollie
24-11-07, 06:24 AM
did you say something about a gixxer,how rude.And you call yourself a kwaka man,hey tell me what bike did you learn on?

You should know "Duane" we have done alot of miles together:D

MIKER
24-11-07, 06:27 AM
Gixxer's are everywhere on the street / track etc , i've got approx 14 of em sitting in front of my work desk . i cant seems to get away from Gixxers of late :p :D

slow_poke
24-11-07, 09:17 PM
arr gixxer's,bloody things...seem to always be in front of somebody!

MIKER
25-11-07, 07:49 PM
arr gixxer's,bloody things...seem to always be in front of somebody!

haha .. :D :D