PDA

View Full Version : hmm where to next?

zx10ollie
25-09-07, 05:05 PM
So guys n girls where to next?
Im thinkin we should start workin on a weekend ride like a couple of us were toyin with the idea about:D
So maybe if we all throw about some dates that would be a "free" weekend for us all and go on a bit of a "supercruise" to the hills and back.
I thought if i put this up now that people could start saving and we could plan out a good route cause we would have to include the infamous "spurs":D
I think it was "morgan gt" that was saying he has done a ride like that so could probably point us in a good direction
Anyways see what you all think

Joffaboy
25-09-07, 05:52 PM
I will probably be a starter if I get the bike back in time
Still a bit weary about the twisties but as soon as i get the bike back I will head up to the Dandenong's for some practice

VixenAndrea
25-09-07, 06:13 PM
So guys n girls where to next?
Im thinkin we should start workin on a weekend ride like a couple of us were toyin with the idea about:D
So maybe if we all throw about some dates that would be a "free" weekend for us all and go on a bit of a "supercruise" to the hills and back.
I thought if i put this up now that people could start saving and we could plan out a good route cause we would have to include the infamous "spurs":D
I think it was "morgan gt" that was saying he has done a ride like that so could probably point us in a good direction
Anyways see what you all think

which hills you talking about?

MIKER
25-09-07, 07:39 PM
i ride almost every sunday with my riding mates , so i'm always interested in a decent cruise . but it have to be a one day ride only for me ;)

zx10ollie
25-09-07, 08:05 PM
which hills you talking about?

The Black and Reefton spurs would be a good ride but i dont know the area all that well so if someone could work out a good adventure to fit them both in that would be awesum

MorganGT
25-09-07, 08:27 PM

Never actually done the Reefton Spur on a bike - only flat out and sideways in a Datsun 1600 a long time ago!
Been quite a while since I've done the Black Spur (back in my 2-stroke days!). My most recent 'hills' ride was north of Melbourne, across from home (Lalor) via South Morang, Plenty Gorge, Yarrambat, Kangaroo Ground, Christmas Hills, Yarra Glen to Healesville, then north through Toolangi and back over the ridgeline through Kinglake and Kinglake West to Whittlesea, then back home.

A longer route up that way might be to Healesville, over the Black Spur, stop at Marysville, then up to Eildon (from memory a good mix of winding road and open straights for a bit of a blast), across via Alexandra and Yea then down minor roads to Break'O'Day, Flowerdale then up to Kinglake West and down to Whittlesea.

MIKER
25-09-07, 08:29 PM
^^
it can be done & lunch @ marysville , i look forward to riding the spurs again . i havent been in over 7 mths & its best when theres been some periods of dry & heat (over summer period is best imo) , this way the roads are dry & not slippery or moss edged ..

VixenAndrea
25-09-07, 08:43 PM
might have to count me out of this one - sounds like it would be too advanced for me. and i get tired of being the slowest......
but hey - i'll definitely miss watching all those gorgeous butts again mmmmmm mmmmmmm (stop it andrea)

zx10ollie
25-09-07, 08:48 PM
Mmm good call Mike i hate that green slippery crap:eek: it makes my rear wiggle and then thats my confidence blown for the next corner.
So where are the rides this weekend as i may be goin for a blast on sunday if i can get all the things i need to get done done:D

MIKER
25-09-07, 08:56 PM
^^
this weekend i'll be with friends & family @ a barby , but next weekend i'm keen to resume riding . we may have to ride out your way & say g'day , just dont mention the "GOR" i've done it to death in the last 2 mth's ..

zx10ollie
25-09-07, 09:01 PM
thats cool i will sus out a half decent ride out this end of town and see what i can come up with

MIKER
25-09-07, 09:03 PM
^^
i've done some decent rides around your end , daylesford , Gisbourne , & everything in between ..

GPZ 900R A6
25-09-07, 11:29 PM
Hi everyone:)
Back from the dead and feeling good again.
Went for a group ride on sunday with Melb Sports Bike Club and OH MY GOD these guys travel at light speed I mean 160 - 200 plus everywhere on roads in the foot hills of the north/east ranges little country roads full of bends white knuckle knee sliding tyre shreadding action (Never Again) well maybe:D

Great ride from Yarra Glen to Hill End near Willow Grove, that was a good ride it took 6.5 hours plus breaks, but just thinking about the time it would take 8 hour at normal riding speeds.

Lots to see and nice little country towns but fuel at one point would have been good dont like running on empty:mad: so anyway something to think about.

Great to see you all had a good ride the other weekend.

Bruce 2:cool:

MorganGT
26-09-07, 07:11 AM
might have to count me out of this one - sounds like it would be too advanced for me. and i get tired of being the slowest......
but hey - i'll definitely miss watching all those gorgeous butts again mmmmmm mmmmmmm (stop it andrea)
Don't put yourself down - on the trip back I was behind you for much of the way, and you were doing a great job on the windy stuff, for an L-plater on a cruiser!

I'd say the trick would be to organise regular stops, so the faster riders can stretch their legs, have a smoke, whatever, while the slower riders catch up at their own pace. That way we all stay in touch, but it allows us to spread out on the road and each go at our own pace without pressure to ride beyond our abilities. And make sure we stop at any changes of route, intersections etc. so we don't end up going in several different directions again!

VixenAndrea
26-09-07, 07:47 AM
Don't put yourself down - on the trip back I was behind you for much of the way, and you were doing a great job on the windy stuff, for an L-plater on a cruiser!

I'd say the trick would be to organise regular stops, so the faster riders can stretch their legs, have a smoke, whatever, while the slower riders catch up at their own pace. That way we all stay in touch, but it allows us to spread out on the road and each go at our own pace without pressure to ride beyond our abilities. And make sure we stop at any changes of route, intersections etc. so we don't end up going in several different directions again!

well if you think i can do it.... then i will!!!! i assumed it would be a bit too hard for me from how you guys are talking about it
and yeah - contact numbers amongst more of the riders would be good... i'm going to send mine to most of you via PM - if you know of anyone else on the ride that i forgot to PM (I only went by the list Mean1 put up), please pass on my number.

MIKER
26-09-07, 08:23 AM
sharing no# is a good idea & communicate to each other the ride route also helps .. :o

gpxbabe
26-09-07, 08:25 AM
I've done both the Reefton and the Black Spur on my GPX 250 and you would be fine, Andrea. Saying that, I did both mid-week, but still loads of traffic to hold me up / tailgate me. I have to agree with Mean1 though, I'm not doing them again until we have had a period of consistently warm weather. I remember the surface being pretty good, but obviously damp and shady, loads of bark, etc.

MIKER
26-09-07, 08:30 AM
^^
+ 1 agree .. ;)

RoninZX-10R
26-09-07, 08:31 AM
I've done the Black Spur and Reefton Spur (more so the Black Spur) plenty of times, absolutely love the place, but maybe it should be a ride that's done in 2 seperate groups (sportsbikes and cruisers?).

I normally go along the Eastern Fwy, get off at Blackburn Rd (I think) then go through Kangaroo Ground, St Andrews, Toolangi, Healsvilles, Black Spur then have lunch at Marysville, continue on through the Reefton Spur, stop for a beer or two at the Reefton Pub, then depending how we feel we can either do the same route back in reverse, or continue on along the highway.

VixenAndrea
26-09-07, 08:33 AM
we could always (on another ride) do the yarra valley, up round yea and thru to seymore..... have lunch at the seymour pub then think about coming back!

gpxbabe
26-09-07, 08:35 AM
Sounds good. Hey Mean1, how's the new job going?

MIKER
26-09-07, 06:35 PM
Sounds good. Hey Mean1, how's the new job going?

the new / old job is great , i'm already in the swing of things & have sold several bikes to very :D new owners . the motorcycle industry is a great place to work , i dont actually feel like am working "as i'm enjoying it too much" .. ;)

Joffaboy
26-09-07, 06:36 PM
we could always (on another ride) do the yarra valley, up round yea and thru to seymore..... have lunch at the seymour pub then think about coming back!
That sounds good maybe start at Lilydale then Yarraglen Yea and Seymour for lunch then decide which way back

Got the quote for the bike $3900 Lordy Lordy it ain't cheap this bike riddin lucky I'm insured only have to pay $450 excess
They will replace the helmet but no clothes lucky the pink socks and the pink flamingo shirt were intact

MIKER
26-09-07, 06:48 PM
^^
thats not cheap , thats almost 50% of the bikes value .. :eek:

VixenAndrea
26-09-07, 08:54 PM
ok.... if we do the yarra valley thing, i have roped my mum (yes my mum) into supplying afternoon tea on the way back if we want it..... she lives in a retirement village (more like a housing estate) in lilydale and can organise something nice for us if we want it - as long as someone with a sissy bar doesnt mind taking her slowly (her very first time) for a ride around the village (im thinking she wants to show off)......and it doesnt hurt that i told her about all the leather clad butts.... mmmmm mmmmm leather..........

ZX9R_00
27-09-07, 06:49 PM
The Black and Reefton spurs would be a good ride but i dont know the area all that well so if someone could work out a good adventure to fit them both in that would be awesum

Hey Brent,

I know the roads around there!!! hey hey

Rob....

ZX9R_00
27-09-07, 06:53 PM
Suggestion -

Do the Omeo Highway run - That could be a couple of days?? ;)

zx10ollie
27-09-07, 08:22 PM
hmm i like the sound of that Rob:D im thinkin there would be a couple of us that would be pretty keen and i know of a few blokes that are thinkin about it as well, so as soon as this weather is a bit more predictable:mad: we will have to map out a route!
hey whens that track day?

ZX10R_Damo
27-09-07, 08:50 PM
Hi all, Damian here, i just brought a zx10 last weekend (after not having a bike for 8 years) and am looking to ride with others any chance I could tag along for a day ride?
Damo

MIKER
27-09-07, 08:53 PM
Hi all, Damian here, i just brought a zx10 last weekend (after not having a bike for 8 years) and am looking to ride with others any chance I could tag along for a day ride?
Damo

welcome "Damo" congrats on your ZX10R purchase & your welcome to join the rides ..

ZX10R_Damo
27-09-07, 08:56 PM
Thanks mean1, lock me in when you ride.

MIKER
27-09-07, 08:58 PM
^^
keep a eye out in the rides section here , under vic rides ..

zx10ollie
27-09-07, 09:05 PM
cool another zx10:D welcome to the site Damo