PDA

View Full Version : Ride next couple of weeks??

Colsie
05-09-07, 09:37 PM
Hi guys anyone Interested in a ride within the next couple of weeks?

VixenAndrea
06-09-07, 09:31 PM
of course!!!!! but of course depends when...... im not free this weekend or the next... but after that im all yours! hahaha

Colsie
07-09-07, 09:22 AM
of course!!!!! but of course depends when...... im not free this weekend or the next... but after that im all yours! hahaha

Great.we can make it in the next few weeks,,Hopefully there will be Others and we can make a great day of it out on the Country twisties??

gpxbabe
07-09-07, 11:32 AM
Count me in, too :D

MIKER
07-09-07, 12:58 PM
make it on a sunday if possible ? & if you guys like maybe we can nut out a route , there some great roads out west if you guys like to go for a spin out my way ? as long as its no raining cats & dogs "i'm interested" .. :)

Colsie
07-09-07, 01:00 PM
maybe next week we can throw some dates about,see what suits,Im free most of the time so what ever people decide will be all good.

Joffaboy
07-09-07, 05:18 PM
Count me in .............ps not long till the GP

finallyridingagain
08-09-07, 12:19 AM
theres a 9am on a sunday now?

which means I'd have to leave at around 8:00am? isnt there laws for that sort of thing :)

MIKER
08-09-07, 07:54 AM
theres a 9am on a sunday now?

which means I'd have to leave at around 8:00am? isnt there laws for that sort of thing :)

thats being kind to all with a 9:00am start , ussually its 7:30am start .. :eek:

MIKER
08-09-07, 02:31 PM
if your coming on the ride , post your user name & state "I'm In" .. :D

MIKER
09-09-07, 07:00 PM
so far in on ride =

MEAN 1
cruiser06
ZX9R 00

MIKER
09-09-07, 07:06 PM
let members make suggestions were to ride , black spur / Reefton Spur / marysville ? , Great Ocean Road ? , meridith , stieglitz ? as long as it got corners am :D make it a approx 9:45 / 10:00am start . we can then organize a meeting point ..

mike.g
10-09-07, 08:03 AM
you can count me in :eek: , hang on i'm already going .. :p :D :confused:

IndioGomez
10-09-07, 08:56 PM
Hi guys, this ride is sounding interesting. My only problem is that I work on SUndays... I know it sucks but can I do, someone has to pay the bills. If I can manage to pull a sickie or something like that I will be happy to join.

IndioGomez
10-09-07, 08:58 PM
I have just realized that was my post #100, YEEESSSSSS:D Now I am complete and I can call myself a Senior. Hooray for me!!!

zx10ollie
10-09-07, 09:35 PM
count me in as long as i get my new tyre :D

MIKER
11-09-07, 07:58 AM
I have just realized that was my post #100, YEEESSSSSS:D Now I am complete and I can call myself a Senior. Hooray for me!!!

well done & about time "you post HO" :D

MIKER
11-09-07, 07:59 AM
count me in as long as i get my new tyre :D

done , i put you on the list .. :)

MIKER
11-09-07, 08:00 AM
members that are joining the ride so far ..

MEAN 1
cruiser06
ZX9R 00
zx10ollie
colsie
joffaboy
vixenandrea

VixenAndrea
11-09-07, 09:50 AM
love to come guys....... sheeet what a shame to spend the day with all the gorgeous men!!!!!! im soooooo there! and if i get left behind being too slow then i'll just check out all your butts in leather mmmm mmmmmm leather.....*insert drool here*

MIKER
11-09-07, 09:59 AM
love to come guys....... sheeet what a shame to spend the day with all the gorgeous men!!!!!! im soooooo there! and if i get left behind being too slow then i'll just check out all your butts in leather mmmm mmmmmm leather.....*insert drool here*

you funny bugger :D , even if your left behind a little . we always stop @ check points & let slow riders catch up ..

MIKER
11-09-07, 01:41 PM
Question to the riders coming ?
do we ride the great Ocean Road ? or Black Spur ?

zx10ollie
11-09-07, 02:07 PM
i was thinking the same thing!
black spur sounds good but i will just wait and see what everyone says
we need to work out a meeting point as well so i can leave early enough to meet up with you all:D

MIKER
11-09-07, 02:29 PM
i was thinking the same thing!
black spur sounds good but i will just wait and see what everyone says
we need to work out a meeting point as well so i can leave early enough to meet up with you all:D

the meeting points will depend on the location , time approx 9:30am & weather needs to be nice also . once the location is set , i'll throw up a couple of meeting points & times ..

RoninZX-10R
11-09-07, 02:56 PM
I'm definitely in. It's about time I finally meet all these guys (and gals...hopefully lots of gals :D )

I'm more than happy to suggest the Black Spur, head through St Andrews, Toolangi, onto the Spur and have a bite to eat in Marysville. But I'm easily swayed, as long as there's other bikes to ride with I'm happy.

MIKER
11-09-07, 03:02 PM
^^
thats great , we will see you there . only i'll give it a few days to take suggestions for ride location ;)

MIKER
11-09-07, 03:03 PM

MEAN 1
cruiser06
ZX9R 00
zx10ollie
colsie
joffaboy
vixenandrea
RoninZX-10R

gpxbabe
11-09-07, 04:35 PM
Ditto to that! :D

Article99
11-09-07, 05:34 PM
Ditto to that! :D

Another hand up over here.

If I might be so bold as to suggest a pretty decent ride I did a while ago..

Start @ Upper Ferntree Gully. Over the mountain to Montrose. Montrose down Warby Hwy to Launching Place. Then over to Gembrook and back to Upper Gully via Cockatoo, Emerald & Belgrave.

Bloody great ride on a nice day, that one. Plenty of twisties to even out the gap created by the 250cc barrier and a few long straights that the big blocks and roar down on the stoppers. :)

gpxbabe
11-09-07, 06:13 PM
Just remind me - what day are we talking about? :confused:

MIKER
11-09-07, 08:09 PM
Just remind me - what day are we talking about? :confused:

sunday 23/09/07 , see you there ..

MIKER
11-09-07, 08:10 PM

MEAN 1
cruiser06
ZX9R 00
zx10ollie
colsie
joffaboy
vixenandrea
RoninZX-10R
Article99
gpxbabe
p.s. fingers crossed the weather is kind ..

zx10ollie
11-09-07, 08:16 PM
this is looking like its goin to be an awesum day "weather permitting" with 10 riders so far and counting:D

Article99
11-09-07, 08:46 PM
Sorry, Mean1, was that the 23/07/07? Think I might have missed it... :p
Perhaps we could do it again on the 23/09? :D

(Runs off with two inches of crack poking out the top of pants and a smart ass smile.)

MIKER
12-09-07, 07:44 AM
Sorry, Mean1, was that the 23/07/07? Think I might have missed it... :p
Perhaps we could do it again on the 23/09? :D

(Runs off with two inches of crack poking out the top of pants and a smart ass smile.)

'yeh yeh' its the 23/09/07 Sunday ..

MIKER
12-09-07, 09:47 AM
well lets stick to the original plan & hit the Great Ocean Road , we can have a stop @ Lorne (via deans marsh route) & then push off to apollo bay for lunch . from there we can head through to meridith & stieglitz & then home , this will make for a full days riding & several stops to rest etc .

Meeting Point =

Sunday 23/09/07 09:30 am - shell service station @ Laverton (just off the pt cook exit) geelong bound , just head over westgate freeway geelong bound for east riders & take the pt cook exit & enter the shell servo . from there we will push off , after everyone has arrived .. :)

RoninZX-10R
12-09-07, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a plan. I'll be there with bells on...and maybe some leather to go with it :D

MIKER
12-09-07, 12:27 PM
Sounds like a plan. I'll be there with bells on...and maybe some leather to go with it :D

o.k. ... :D :D

zx10ollie
12-09-07, 04:36 PM
woohoo:D now lets pray for the weather to submit to our planned event!
this will be a great meet and greet day, and of course the ride:cool:
heading down to dynoverks on the 20th to get a much needed new rear tyre,
so that will keep me on track!

MIKER
12-09-07, 04:44 PM
woohoo:D now lets pray for the weather to submit to our planned event!
this will be a great meet and greet day, and of course the ride:cool:
heading down to dynoverks on the 20th to get a much needed new rear tyre,
so that will keep me on track!

i certainly hope the weather holds out , i dont fancy riding in the rain . last time it poured down & it was terrible IMO , glad your getting a rear tyre "Brent" also be sure to oil that chain .. :p

zx10ollie
12-09-07, 04:52 PM
chains already done! and beleive it or not i can get the tyre from dynoverks and save about 75 bucks from the price they were going to charge me in bendigo! :mad: and they say shop local.

MIKER
12-09-07, 05:01 PM
chains already done! and beleive it or not i can get the tyre from dynoverks and save about 75 bucks from the price they were going to charge me in bendigo! :mad: and they say shop local.

Dynoverks are a top workshop & have great deals on tyres & parts , its seems your shopping around has paid off .. :)

finallyridingagain
12-09-07, 05:10 PM
just realised the ride is not this sunday but the next...........cool - I'm actually free then - only to be told by the boss - no way you're doing Great ocean road!

man talk about emotional roller coaster ride.

told I can go but not on the curvey bits? so whats the point of a ride then......

how far would that ride take me Mike? Just trying to work out where I'd have to branch off and head back. a little ride is better then none I guess

Anyone out Ferntree Gully/Rowville/Dandenong heading out? Maybe meet East as a smaller group and head out West to the main meeting point?

As for Dynoverks - highly rec - mines going in for a service tomorrow.

MIKER
12-09-07, 06:19 PM
^^
it wont get you far , bloody hell "Warren" talk about being bossed around by the missus :eek: . put your foot down bro & let her know who's boss .. ;)

Colsie
12-09-07, 07:07 PM
just realised the ride is not this sunday but the next...........cool - I'm actually free then - only to be told by the boss - no way you're doing Great ocean road!

man talk about emotional roller coaster ride.

told I can go but not on the curvey bits? so whats the point of a ride then......

how far would that ride take me Mike? Just trying to work out where I'd have to branch off and head back. a little ride is better then none I guess

Anyone out Ferntree Gully/Rowville/Dandenong heading out? Maybe meet East as a smaller group and head out West to the main meeting point?

As for Dynoverks - highly rec - mines going in for a service tomorrow.

Im sorry But I gotta ask ...Are you serious?:confused:

zx10ollie
12-09-07, 09:01 PM
just tell her you wont go on the curvy bits just the normal "good" corners:D

finallyridingagain
12-09-07, 09:26 PM
she worked in intensive care alfred..........one guess what she saw alot of there :(

stupid me said - look I get the bike and I wont go cruising on weekends - just to work ok. (I'm slowly working on it guys! - one step at a time_

so she's sort of compromising atm (dont worry - I'm hoping she gets used to the idea and longer rides here I come)

finallyridingagain
12-09-07, 09:28 PM
I'll have to try the good corners line on her!
hahahaha

I figure once I'm on the ride she'll just say - oh look, just take it easy ok

MIKER
13-09-07, 10:27 AM
i understand "Warren" you did mention to me last time we went on a Ride , that your missus works intensive care unit . lifes full of risks mate & you need to reassure her , you aint going riding to kill yourself . but there are risks riding , but calm her fears down . walking across the road , driving a car , etc etc are risky .. :)

finallyridingagain
13-09-07, 10:34 AM
I think I'll just do a half day - if I end up doing some twisties - cool...

I remember years ago when I went I was just learning. I read somewhere that the front brakes is what actually stops you. So I tried it in a turn. The bike stood up and I went close to the edge. Guard rail was there but I didnt hit it or nothing - I just ended up with grass on my pegs and a real good view of the cliffs..................you'd think she'd just let it go!

Tell you what though - I learnt from that experience (and not to experiment on dangerous turns as well)

MIKER
13-09-07, 11:18 AM
list of riders joining ..

MEAN 1
cruiser06
ZX9R 00
zx10ollie
colsie
joffaboy
vixenandrea
RoninZX-10R
Article99
gpxbabe
finallyridingagain
indiogomez

IndioGomez
14-09-07, 10:22 PM
This ride is really pickin up people, it is great to see alot of members interested. I am getting that sunday off from work just to be able to ride with you guys, I am very fortunate to have a flexible boss. See you at the Laverton Servo then. By the way, when was the Bike Expo?

VixenAndrea
15-09-07, 01:13 PM
GPXbabe and I are heading down the day before and will hook up with all of you for lunch at Apollo Bay and ride back with you. My daughter has also offered afternoon tea to all the riders at her place in Geelong on the way home on Sunday arvo......

gpxbabe
15-09-07, 01:14 PM
She's going to need a lot of cake! :)

gpxbabe
15-09-07, 01:16 PM
Indiogomez, bike expo is not till 5th - 7th October. I may go on 7th.

MIKER
15-09-07, 01:41 PM
GPXbabe and I are heading down the day before and will hook up with all of you for lunch at Apollo Bay and ride back with you. My daughter has also offered afternoon tea to all the riders at her place in Geelong on the way home on Sunday arvo......

hhmm , looks like a change of plan heading back then .. :D :D

VixenAndrea
15-09-07, 02:55 PM
only a suggestion - not set in concrete but thought i'd let everyone know she's made the offer (and she also wants to take pics if we go)

zxrmad
15-09-07, 04:24 PM
only a suggestion - not set in concrete but thought i'd let everyone know she's made the offer (and she also wants to take pics if we go)

With the amount of you lot going, there'd better be some pics posted when you get back :D . Enjoy the ride guys.

Brian

MIKER
15-09-07, 04:41 PM
With the amount of you lot going, there'd better be some pics posted when you get back :D . Enjoy the ride guys.

Brian

i will be hoping other members bring their cameras to the ride & take some pic's to post , as i dont have a digital camera :o ..

Article99
15-09-07, 07:00 PM
i will be hoping other members bring their cameras to the ride & take some pic's to post , as i dont have a digital camera :o ..

Got a camera, but it's worth more than my bike. -No dice. :p

Hey Warren, I'm in Croydon South. Could prolly meet you somewhere in between or on the way to Laverton. Anyone else heading over from this way?

VixenAndrea
15-09-07, 07:17 PM
i thought i better clarify, if we choose to come back through geelong on the way home, my daughter is happy to put on a big spread for afternoon tea for us....

VixenAndrea
15-09-07, 07:19 PM
Got a camera, but it's worth more than my bike. -No dice. :p

Hey Warren, I'm in Croydon South. Could prolly meet you somewhere in between or on the way to Laverton. Anyone else heading over from this way?

joffaboy lives near you (either mt evelyn or montrose) ... and i usually do too (monbulk) but am going down a day early

Joffaboy
15-09-07, 07:30 PM
I'm in Doveton 5 mins from the freeway will be on it about 8am heading for the start point If anyone wants to meet up set a time and a spot ( for example just after the springvale rd exit) and we can head off as a group........anyway let me know

Joffaboy
15-09-07, 07:32 PM
Oh I forgot I've got a camera and I'll bring it along

MIKER
15-09-07, 09:48 PM
Oh I forgot I've got a camera and I'll bring it along

that would be great .. :)

MIKER
15-09-07, 09:49 PM
i thought i better clarify, if we choose to come back through geelong on the way home, my daughter is happy to put on a big spread for afternoon tea for us....

thanks "Vixen" we will ride back to your daughters then , if its not to much trouble ? ..

MIKER
15-09-07, 09:50 PM

MEAN 1
cruiser06
ZX9R 00
zx10ollie
colsie
joffaboy
vixenandrea
RoninZX-10R
Article99
gpxbabe
finallyridingagain
indiogomez
George on his ( Harley fat boy)

MIKER
15-09-07, 09:54 PM
lets hope the weather is kind to us , i hate it when its wet "no fun imo" . ;)

VixenAndrea
16-09-07, 07:57 AM
thanks "Vixen" we will ride back to your daughters then , if its not to much trouble ? ..

trouble??? she's HANGING for us to stop there. and she's already working out what she can give us to eat - even though she knows we're having a pub lunch hahaha

MIKER
16-09-07, 12:56 PM
^^
tell your daughter not to go , to far out of her way . i for one appreciate the kind gesture , thanks in advance .. :)

MIKER
16-09-07, 01:17 PM

MEAN 1
cruiser06
ZX9R 00
zx10ollie
colsie
joffaboy
vixenandrea
RoninZX-10R
Article99
gpxbabe
finallyridingagain
indiogomez
Tex 50/50 ?

Article99
16-09-07, 01:26 PM
Looks like the weather may be going our way.
Forecast says next weekend looks like it's picking up. (At this stage.)

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDV10450.shtml

ninja167
16-09-07, 08:04 PM
It's a bummer when work interupts ride time , you guy's and gals have a good ride and keep em upright and i'll look forward to seeing the pics, take care ,i'll try to get on the next ride :cool:

MIKER
16-09-07, 08:49 PM
It's a bummer when work interupts ride time , you guy's and gals have a good ride and keep em upright and i'll look forward to seeing the pics, take care ,i'll try to get on the next ride :cool:

next time , we can organize a ride up your way "Ninja167" .. ;)

MIKER
16-09-07, 08:52 PM
Looks like the weather may be going our way.
Forecast says next weekend looks like it's picking up. (At this stage.)

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDV10450.shtml

lets keep our fingers crossed the weather is nice , 3 weeks ago i went on a group ride to lorne & it pissed down rain "it was a terrible" IMO ..

finallyridingagain
17-09-07, 07:19 AM
Sunday 23/09/07 09:30 am - shell service station @ Laverton (just off the pt cook exit) geelong bound

Hey mean1 is that the one where you take the exit on the left where maccas is?

Also Joffaboy/Article99 and anyone else heading out from the east? - I figure it will take about 45mins to get the main meeting point. How does the mobil near brandon park sound - cnr ftg road and springvale road? That way we could just head west on FTG to get to the SE.

maybe meet at 8:30 and head off at 8:45 sharp?

MIKER
17-09-07, 08:15 AM
Sunday 23/09/07 09:30 am - shell service station @ Laverton (just off the pt cook exit) geelong bound

Hey mean1 is that the one where you take the exit on the left where maccas is?

yes mate , its just left . take the Pt Cook exit & just roll into the shell servo , if you go past the servo you will see Macca's ..

aossie
17-09-07, 08:45 AM
Would love to go and I have this weekend off but alas I am coming of age (40) so might not be in the best condition to ride sunday

MIKER
17-09-07, 09:00 AM
Would love to go and I have this weekend off but alas I am coming of age (40) so might not be in the best condition to ride sunday

well if you decide to join us , meet up @ the shell servo & happy birthday in advance .. :)

Joffaboy
17-09-07, 09:08 AM
finallyridingagain thats sounds ok see ya at 8.30 good place to meet as we can juice up and head off

Article99
17-09-07, 07:42 PM
Sounds good.

Q... who tipped off me boss? :p
Caught me off guard something shockin' that did. :D :rolleyes:

VixenAndrea
17-09-07, 09:33 PM

another old fart like me!!!!! (ok ok im older but hey - life begins.... right?)
happy birthday for saturday

zx10ollie
17-09-07, 09:53 PM

happy birthday for saturday mate:D hope you have a good 1

Joffaboy
18-09-07, 06:49 AM
Q... who tipped off me boss?
Caught me off guard something shockin' that did.
Can,t tell a lie It was me

Article99
18-09-07, 08:08 PM
LOL. Humour me, how'd ya figure out it was me?

zx10ollie
18-09-07, 08:24 PM
so hows the weather lookin for sunday peeps?

Joffaboy
18-09-07, 09:01 PM
Hi Article99 was easy your Job description ............could only be one company in Bayswater So rang Saxon to confirm it and Bobs your Uncle
Tell Darren your going on a ride and the Old machine tool rep who's been married more times than most and used to work there will be going also.....He'll put a good word in for me

Article99
18-09-07, 10:04 PM
Good lord. Done over by that salesman that was flogging milling machines at Austech. (Think that was you. :p )

If so, look forward to seein you on Sunday, mate. :cool:

MIKER
19-09-07, 03:34 PM
so hows the weather lookin for sunday peeps?

not sure , but i hope its better than today " i got soaked riding today" .. :mad:

gpxbabe
19-09-07, 03:52 PM
I've been watching www.weather.com.au and the weather for Lorne is currently sunny, 12 degrees and breezy both Sat and Sun.

MIKER
19-09-07, 03:56 PM
I've been watching www.weather.com.au and the weather for Lorne is currently sunny, 12 degrees and breezy both Sat and Sun.

very nice , now let it stay that way .. :D

gpxbabe
19-09-07, 03:57 PM
... or get warmer :)

MIKER
19-09-07, 03:59 PM
... or get warmer :)

thats it .. ;)

gpxbabe
19-09-07, 04:00 PM
Got to go now, rain or shine, as motel is on my credit card :rolleyes: and too late to cancel now. Not that I'd want to :D

MIKER
19-09-07, 04:09 PM
Got to go now, rain or shine, as motel is on my credit card :rolleyes: and too late to cancel now. Not that I'd want to :D

well fingers crossed the weather will be fine & we all have a great ride / day .. :)

VixenAndrea
19-09-07, 06:26 PM
im really looking forward to this....... might have to do some packing.... or maybe unpacking.....

MIKER
19-09-07, 06:31 PM
well the weather forecast is good , fine & sunny day with a top of 21 .. :D

MIKER
19-09-07, 06:58 PM
Meeting Point =

Sunday 23/09/07 09:30 am - shell service station @ Laverton (just off the pt cook exit) geelong bound , just head over westgate freeway geelong bound for east riders & take the pt cook exit & enter the shell servo . from there we will push off , after everyone has arrived ..

zx10ollie
19-09-07, 09:09 PM
cool seeya all at the servo:D

MIKER
19-09-07, 09:15 PM
cool seeya all at the servo:D

no prob's .. :)

Blue14
19-09-07, 09:56 PM
I am hoping to make an appearance to this. I cant confirm until Sat night or Sunday morn. Best call is if i am not there by 9.30 i wont be coming, so take off and have fun.. :D

MIKER
19-09-07, 10:02 PM
I am hoping to make an appearance to this. I cant confirm until Sat night or Sunday morn. Best call is if i am not there by 9.30 i wont be coming, so take off and have fun.. :D

i hope to see you you there , it will be great to have a ZX14 in our company .. :)

Blue14
19-09-07, 10:07 PM
i hope to see you you there , it will be great to have a ZX14 in our company .. :)So will you be rolling out the red carpet.. :p

MIKER
19-09-07, 10:09 PM
So will you be rolling out the red carpet.. :p

most certainly , just be there .. :p

Blue14
19-09-07, 10:18 PM
Ok buddy ill do my very best.. :)

MIKER
19-09-07, 10:21 PM
Ok buddy ill do my very best.. :)

thats all one can do .. ;)

MIKER
21-09-07, 05:52 PM
riders joining ..

MEAN 1
cruiser06
ZX9R 00
zx10ollie
colsie
joffaboy
vixenandrea
RoninZX-10R
Article99
gpxbabe
finallyridingagain
indiogomez
Blue14 ?

p.s. "Tex" cant make it due to work commitments ..

VixenAndrea
21-09-07, 08:31 PM
Gpxbabe and I are heading off tomorrow for Apollo Bay (with respective partners - yes I met someone interesting!!!!) and I believe she has given Colsie her number so we can hook up with you guys on Sunday.... if not, IndioGomez has mine....

MIKER
21-09-07, 08:45 PM
^^
no prob's , see you there .. ;)

MorganGT
22-09-07, 05:18 PM
You can add me to the list - barring unforseen stuff-ups, I'll be in Laverton by 9:30 to meet up with the rest of you.

ZX9R_00
22-09-07, 07:20 PM

What did you end up getting Brent? Pilot Power?

Need a set myself and looking at the price you payed. Rob

MIKER
22-09-07, 09:22 PM
riders joining ..

MEAN 1
cruiser06
ZX9R 00
zx10ollie
colsie
joffaboy
vixenandrea
RoninZX-10R
Article99
gpxbabe
finallyridingagain
indiogomez
MorganGT

Article99
22-09-07, 10:17 PM
Cya's in the morning. Final forecast for Geelong tomorrow:

Geelong
Tonight and Sunday
Fine. A mainly sunny day but high cloud increasing later. Moderate to locally
fresh northerly winds.
Min 3 Max 21
Precis: Fine, mainly sunny.

Blue14
22-09-07, 10:25 PM
Sorry guys i am confirming i am out.. :mad: Mate of mine who i see once a year was heading through Melb sometime this weekend and its tomorrow. Dont get to see him any other time so i will have to catch you all on the next ride.
You can put away the red carpet Mean1.. :p

zx10ollie
22-09-07, 10:39 PM
What did you end up getting Brent? Pilot Power?

Need a set myself and looking at the price you payed. Rob

Ended up getting the pilot power 2ct, they are the new dual compound.
They have standard pilot power middle and power race compound sides for that extra sticky corners.
The retail was $340 for the rear and im not sure about a front cause i only needed a rear, but i think it may have been like 200 for a front but dont quote me on that:)

MIKER
23-09-07, 07:42 AM
You can put away the red carpet Mean1.. :p

no prob's its been rolled back up "till next time" .. :p :rolleyes:

MIKER
23-09-07, 07:48 AM
well , its a fine morning & i'm waiting for a few riders to meet me @ my place . from there we will push off to the shell servo 'laverton' for a 09:30 meet up with the rest of the kawarider's & go from there , see you there .. :)
p.s. the weather is very nice ..

MIKER
23-09-07, 06:59 PM
well the ride is over & not without casualties , "Article99" had a bad off & wiped out his GPX250 into a guard rail . he was banged up a bit , he insisted not to call a ambo . but "finallyridingagain' pillioned him to lorne , there he nearly passed out & we called the Ambo & off he went to hosipital . "Joffaboy" also come to grief in a corner , but was able to continue the ride & is o.k.
the rest of the day went well & without incident "luckly" , what happened to the group that broke off from Lorne? we were meant to ride to geelong from Deans marsh alt route :confused: , so the group got broken up .. :(

MorganGT
23-09-07, 07:12 PM
what happened to the group that broke off from Lorne? we were meant to ride to geelong from Deans marsh alt route :confused: , so the group got broken up .. :(
We got confused/lost - I was at the back of the pack, the front guys either missed the Deans Marsh turnoff or chose not to take it - we ended up heading back via the GOR all the way to Torquay and back to Geelong at a cruisier pace (even got tailgated by a tour bus for a while!). Me, Joffaboy, IndioGomez and finallyridingagain kept going through Geelong back to Melbourne, the rest I think turned off to the afternoon tea stop - no idea how many actually made it there!

Joffaboy
23-09-07, 08:21 PM
Made It home bit sore and sorry for myself But can only blame my inexperience
so no point in win-gin will book in for some advance lessons soon
Thank you everybody for your concern and help
I learn't a couple of things today and one is that our Kawa's are tough little buggers
Any way here are some snaps of the ride It was great fun and good to meet all the guys and Gals ( to The Vixen will post my pink photo soon so get yours ready)

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee89/joffaboy1/IMGP0320.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee89/joffaboy1/IMGP0321.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee89/joffaboy1/IMGP0328.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee89/joffaboy1/IMGP0327.jpg

Thanks again all

MIKER
23-09-07, 08:26 PM
^^
no prob's "Joffa" i hope you aint ot sore ? its a shame we got split up , as the first group just took off & we thought the rest of us will catch up short after . it wasnt meant to be , next time "better communication" is required .. :)

p.s. anyone hear any news of "Article99" & how his going ?

MIKER
23-09-07, 08:38 PM
heres some more pic's ..

finallyridingagain
23-09-07, 08:38 PM
sorry we never made it back to the afternoon feed Andrea - feel really bad about it especially after all the effort that went into the preparation.

Had to head back at a hurried pace.......... at least I made the whole ride though. As the old saying goes - easier to ask for forgivness then permission.

hopefully we'll hear from article99 soon. No doubt he'll be fine - I guess once the adreneline wore off he started feeling it. Hope you're not too sore either Joffa. was looking for you as I was filling up at shell servo. glad to hear you got home in one piece with with pink socks and humour intact too!

Joffaboy
23-09-07, 08:53 PM
Not a bloody scratch on the pink socks wore then for luck not sure if they worked .....probably did as I was not that badly hurt and it could have been worse

Article99
23-09-07, 10:20 PM
Still alive and kickin. :D

Quacks at Lorne patched me up pretty good.

Not sure how long until the bitumen-kisser is back on the road again. Will have to take a look at it tomorrow on my day off. -Right after I sort myself out some ambo cover. :p

Knee's stiff as a board and rashed up to the buggery, but thankfully not busted. Foot is tho. :(

Up until that point, tho, it was a pretty kick-**** ride.

P.S: How'd ya pull thru, Joffa? Just the pride that's broken? :D

IndioGomez
24-09-07, 06:42 AM
That was a great ride!!! Thanks to Mean1 for organizing it and for the invitation. Obviously a few unfortunate things happened. But, the way I see it is if you can come out of an accident alive and able to tell the story it is not such a bad day... so Joffa and Zack (Article 99) you guys are very fortunate... there must have been a few guardian angels by your side.

I do think there was a bit of misscommunication, we took off from Lorne thinking that you guys were behind us, I mean the fast bikes, which I think did not happen. I personally had to take off cause it was getting late for me... you know how that goes. So I did apologize to Andrea for that and thanked her for arranging everything. Warren (Finnallyridin again), Joffa, MorganGT and COlsie joined me when we took off. After a while ridin I realized that GPXBABe and her hubby, Andrea where also behind us. COlsie was ahead of the pack and i think he was in a bit of a rush because 10 minutes into the ride and I could not spot him anymore.The rest of us stopped at some point before a certain roundabout to see if Mike and the boyz were coming, but obviously there were none of those guys so we decided to head off.
On the way home I witnessed the power of MorganGT's bike, quite a fast one too. I lost site of Warren after I started opening the throttle of my V2K that was asking for more and more, don't worry, it was all on straight line freeway and no sign of speed cameras. Can you believe that I made it withe the reserve light falshing on my speedo? Ha ha.
I will post a few photos soon, just can't now, it is back to reality again... have to feed my little 6 month old.
It was great to meet everyone, to be honest I would love to be part of another ride, maybe a more rested ride too with more stops.

Cheers.

Joffaboy
24-09-07, 06:42 AM
Hi Article Glad to hear your OK I'm a bit sore will go to the Doc's for a check up today and try to sort the bike repair I agree with you the ride was awesome until our wee mishap

MorganGT
24-09-07, 06:46 AM
Not sure how long until the bitumen-kisser is back on the road again. Will have to take a look at it tomorrow on my day off.
By what I saw of it, you will need new handlebars (right one bent beyond repair, left one broken) and a new left footpeg (snapped off). Other than that, it seemed to escape too much other damage (other than plastics, and there's not much a roll of gaffer tape can't fix!). Maybe the seat will need some work - it took all the impact with the guard rail upright, so might be cracked or bent too much to stay attached. Not bad, considering the speed it hit the rail, and the fact all but the bottom 6 inches of the bike went under the rail and wedged in place!

MIKER
24-09-07, 07:31 AM
^^
the GPX250 was stuck fast under the rail , you are very lucky "Zak" to bounce off the rail & not go over the cliff face @ the speed you were travelling @ . to "Vixen" were did you all go too? , you guys all just taken off from Lorne & just kept going . i told most ppl & even posted the ride route prior to the ride , the return to geelong will be thru "Deans Marsh" Alternative route to geelong . its a sahme as we all looked forward to the spread your daughter had set up . also i dont have a mobile & didnt have your no# or "GPXbabes" No# on me .. :(

zx10ollie
24-09-07, 03:38 PM
What agreat day apart from the couple of mishaps:eek:
but thank god you both are ok and able to tell the story, damn shame we all got split up cause we all were lookin forward to a "kick back relax and recap" on the days events. But oh well next time we will just get it all clear before we shoot off!
What an awesum aray of bikes and a great meet and greet, all i can say is what a great forum:D

RoninZX-10R
24-09-07, 03:52 PM
I was more annoyed that we didn't get to see Vixen's daughter's reaction to all these leather clad guys rolling up to her house :D Maybe some other time?

Was a great ride, apart from a spot of bother here and there. Now all we have to do is convince those cruiser riders that they'd be far better off with a sportbike!!!

VixenAndrea
24-09-07, 05:07 PM
i didnt have anyone's number to call - and you should have seen the spread she put on! she's happy to do it again for everyone no probs - but perhaps next time we should have pieces of paper with each persons number on it so EVERYONE has numbers........
i know indiogomez and mean1 had mine but mean1 doesnt have a phone and indio had already left.....
i just followed the lead coz im so f&*King blonde and have no sense of direction. so im very sorry guys.
im glad article and joffa are ok - i was quite worried about them.....

and i'd just like to say that i've never seen a bunch of more beautiful men in my life! and woman... mustnt forget the gorgeous gpxbabe....
you are all really brilliant and i felt really great being included - thankyou all so much!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

VixenAndrea
24-09-07, 05:21 PM
joffa,
can you attach the pics so i can copy them please?
thanks mate...... hope your pink socks are still good - but mate - ditch the shirt!!!!!
xoxoxoxo

gpxbabe
24-09-07, 05:28 PM
Still have the biggest grin on my face after a great weekend in Apollo Bay with you fabulous guys (and fabulous girl!) :D :D :D . The sight of you all roaring in together was great. I'm very grateful to Vixen's gorgeous Steve for making it possible for Dave and I to do the ride together. I know it's not a Kwaka, but Steve's R1 is seriously kickass, and I'd trust his riding skills with my life (hang on, I already did!) Very relieved to hear Article and Joffaboy are ok. I still trust my Draggins until I can afford some decent leather. Joffaboy's Kevlar was completely intact under the shredded denim, and I think it was only the lycra underneath causing a friction burn that caused the damage. Seriously though, witnessing these things is a good reality check for the rest of us, so ride safe everyone, and see you soon, hopefully :)

Joffaboy
24-09-07, 05:49 PM
Ok Hears The latest
1.........got the bike picked up today for repair Insurance co said no problem
2.........Doc said I was OK apart from being a Nob
3.........Vixen can't post the photo's until I get the pink jocks and what's wrong with the pink flamingo shirt

gpxbabe
24-09-07, 05:50 PM
Joffaboy...... where shall we start?! :D

Joffaboy
24-09-07, 05:53 PM
Sorry here are the photo,s got confused

Joffaboy
24-09-07, 05:55 PM
more photo's

MIKER
24-09-07, 06:18 PM
^^
great pic's , but they are a tad small ..

Colsie
24-09-07, 06:24 PM
Whoo hoo Im back online...havent been able to get on the net for the past Eight days so Thanx... Telstra and Optus... and the call centre in India.:mad:

anyway Thanx Guys Had a Awesome day It was Great to meet you all and to see some Familiar faces..Vix sorry to have missed your Daughters spread, Im sure she would have Gone to a lot of trouble and Expence.also sorry I didnt get to say Goodbye to you all.

when I took off i thought you guys were behind me, when I got to the round about that goes to torquay I stopped and waited for ten min but no sign of any bikes or Bods and I must admit I was Buggered so headed off back to Hastings walk in the door at 7PM sore and tired from fighting the Head wind all the way home.

well maybe we can Toss the idea of doing Omeo,Mt Hotham,Bright,Mansfield run.The last time i did it we left on a friday got home on the sunday,stayed at caravan parks which split up amongest everyone works out to be Cheap accomodation ate counter meals and had one of the best weekend rides Ive ever been on in my 27 years of riding,so its just food for thought.

Joffa and Article Hope you Guys are alright and you wont let your spills put you off to much.. Cheers

Joffaboy
24-09-07, 07:17 PM
bigger ones

Joffaboy
24-09-07, 07:18 PM
more bigger ones

IndioGomez
24-09-07, 08:40 PM
Joffaboy, it is good to see that you are typing propperly, that means that you r hands are not so bad at the moment. You are a lucky man my friend, in other words you took it like a man.
Thanks for the photos, they are great!!! (Because I am in most of them:D )
DId you see the ones of your tank?

Article99
24-09-07, 09:15 PM
Joffa and Article Hope you Guys are alright and you wont let your spills put you off to much.. Cheers

Not at all. The Wee Pee X :D won't take terribly much to patch up. I'll be hobbling around on crutches for a week or so, but still determined to get back on two wheels. Just need to wait until I can use my foot again.

Turns out the Radiologist I went and seen this afternoon rides a 1lt Gixxer. One foot x-ray and ten minutes of carpark burnouts all bulk-billed. ;)

Joffaboy
24-09-07, 09:55 PM
Thanks Alan sorry can't find the photo's of the tank (checked your post's)

VixenAndrea
24-09-07, 10:10 PM
Joffaboy, it is good to see that you are typing propperly, that means that you r hands are not so bad at the moment. You are a lucky man my friend, in other words you took it like a man.
Thanks for the photos, they are great!!! (Because I am in most of them:D )
DId you see the ones of your tank?

hahaha -now where did i put that bloody axe so i can make a bigger hole in the door for indio's head to fit through?????

VixenAndrea
24-09-07, 10:11 PM
gpxbabe and her husband took the best pic of me lying on my bike with my tits in the air - they look huge!!! im sooooo gonna blow it up and stick it on the wall..... or better yet, save up for even bigger ones!!! (along with the 1500 of course)

VixenAndrea
24-09-07, 10:13 PM
Still alive and kickin. :D

Quacks at Lorne patched me up pretty good.

Not sure how long until the bitumen-kisser is back on the road again. Will have to take a look at it tomorrow on my day off. -Right after I sort myself out some ambo cover. :p

Knee's stiff as a board and rashed up to the buggery, but thankfully not busted. Foot is tho. :(

Up until that point, tho, it was a pretty kick-**** ride.

P.S: How'd ya pull thru, Joffa? Just the pride that's broken? :D

youre a very lucky man = and i hope you took my advice and celebrated life with a woman of your choice......
you know i dont live too far from you so happy to help out if you need anything.... (except of course being the woman of choice - way too old for you babe hahaha)

VixenAndrea
24-09-07, 10:14 PM
Ok Hears The latest
1.........got the bike picked up today for repair Insurance co said no problem
2.........Doc said I was OK apart from being a Nob
3.........Vixen can't post the photo's until I get the pink jocks and what's wrong with the pink flamingo shirt

if i knew how to start a poll, id bet the pink shirt would get thumbs up for the bin!!!!

but seriously, joffa thanks for the pics and im glad youre ok
xoxo

IndioGomez
24-09-07, 10:45 PM
hahaha -now where did i put that bloody axe so i can make a bigger hole in the door for indio's head to fit through?????

Ha Ha Ha Andrea, I am laughing my head off now...now you know I am a humble person don't you? Anyway, it was great to see you again, you always "light up" our events (:cool: :D ). Ohh, and when ou do decide to get your 1500 please let me know so I can come along and do shopping with you, i am also available for chest augmentation counselling.:eek:

planezrx
24-09-07, 11:59 PM
Sound like you guys had a blast, even with a couple of oopsies! (really pleased to hear out fallen comrades can still function!)

About the closest I got to falling over all weekend was when I nearly bounced myself off the couch when Casey won the title on Sunday!

That and the fact that the boat I was aboard on Saturday leaned over a bit!

Cheers,
Pete

VixenAndrea
25-09-07, 05:11 AM
Ha Ha Ha Andrea, I am laughing my head off now...now you know I am a humble person don't you? Anyway, it was great to see you again, you always "light up" our events (:cool: :D ). Ohh, and when ou do decide to get your 1500 please let me know so I can come along and do shopping with you, i am also available for chest augmentation counselling.:eek:

dont forget you still owe me.......
and yeah looks like i'll get it before xmas - but the augmentation can wait a year or so. humble????? is that a word in your dictionary? hahahaha dunno about lighting up events but i have fun and love everyone and think everyone is beautiful - ok ok so its a real hardship to ride behind all those mens butts in leather mmmm mmmmmm
xoxoxo

MIKER
25-09-07, 07:26 AM
^^
great to see , members that joined the ride had a great time .. :D

p.s. even the ones , who went down "enjoyed the ride" .. ;)

Joffaboy
25-09-07, 08:39 AM
yeah looks like i'll get it before xmas - but the augmentation can wait a year or so.

Sorry to be a party pooper Vix But when you pass your test next month you be on restrictions "zero alcohol ,no passengers , and 250cc limit" for one year
I checked with a policeman and if you break any of these restrictions its off to court I thought it might just be a fine and loss of points but he advised me differently so my VN900 will have to wait for 10 months

VixenAndrea
25-09-07, 10:41 AM
yeah looks like i'll get it before xmas - but the augmentation can wait a year or so.

Sorry to be a party pooper Vix But when you pass your test next month you be on restrictions "zero alcohol ,no passengers , and 250cc limit" for one year
I checked with a policeman and if you break any of these restrictions its off to court I thought it might just be a fine and loss of points but he advised me differently so my VN900 will have to wait for 10 months

well its all relative isnt it....... and i'll keep the 250 in the meantime......

Wrecker
25-09-07, 05:54 PM
Isn't Vic going to LAM'S?

VixenAndrea
25-09-07, 07:17 PM
yeah it is..... not sure of the date. but doesnt matter anyway - daughter wants the bike so i wont be trading it in anyway...

ninja167
26-09-07, 07:13 PM
It sounded like a good day was had by all even after the incidents , i hope to get on a ride with you guys /gals in the near future :cool:

MIKER
26-09-07, 09:38 PM
It sounded like a good day was had by all even after the incidents , i hope to get on a ride with you guys /gals in the near future :cool:

i'm sure you will & i look forward to catching up with a fellow Z1000 07 owner .. ;)

Blue14
27-09-07, 10:46 PM

I checked with a policeman and if you break any of these restrictions its off to court I thought it might just be a fine and loss of points but he advised me differently so my VN900 will have to wait for 10 monthsRiding a bike with a larger capacity when on restrictions is only a fine in Vic.. About $115 i think it is now. I am to believe though pillioning is a fine and a point. I would say the the alcohol content would be the court appearance.

henksmeanstreak
06-10-07, 02:43 PM
2 year restricted licence here in sa :(

Scarecrow_01
08-10-07, 07:55 PM
Vic is going to LAMS but the regs don't come in place untill the end of June/early July '08.

Kinda funny because Hyosung are advertising their throway 600 and 650's as learner leagal, even though you can't rid them in Vic for a good 8-9 months

Scarecrow_01
08-10-07, 08:04 PM
From the VicRoads Web site:

"LAMS will allow novice riders to ride moderately powered motorcycles with an engine capacity up to and including 660cc which do not exceed a power to weight ratio of 150 kilowatts per tonne."

Basically it means that you can ride alot of the Naked and Touring/Cruiser Bikes, but most of the Sports/SuperSports you still have to wait till your off restrictions.

MorganGT
17-10-07, 05:28 PM
On the way home I witnessed the power of MorganGT's bike, quite a fast one too. I lost site of Warren after I started opening the throttle of my V2K that was asking for more and more, don't worry, it was all on straight line freeway and no sign of speed cameras.
Yep, was quite fast. Just got a letter in the mail telling me exactly how fast - 108 in a 100 zone (Laverton North on the freeway), $138 fine and 1 demerit point :mad: At least one of those cameras was doing too good a job of being hidden.....

Hope I'm the only one that got snapped!

zx10ollie
17-10-07, 06:44 PM
no good to hear mate, they must be hidin them more n more:mad:

MIKER
17-10-07, 09:19 PM
Yep, was quite fast. Just got a letter in the mail telling me exactly how fast - 108 in a 100 zone (Laverton North on the freeway), $138 fine and 1 demerit point :mad: At least one of those cameras was doing too good a job of being hidden.....

Hope I'm the only one that got snapped!

Revenue raising @ its finest .. :mad: