PDA

View Full Version : Dandenongs ride this Saturday?

gpxbabe
14-08-07, 04:06 PM
I'm sure I didn't dream it, but I can't find the post.....
Did we talk about meeting at 1300 Kawasaki this Saturday and doing a ride Eastwards, maybe Dandenongs? Not sure if the weather is going to be great, but I'm up for it if anyone else is. :)

Colsie
14-08-07, 06:00 PM
So its Not just me I thought I was going Bananas...I was looking for that Thread..But Ive never been able to find it:confused:

Im hanging out to go for a ride but Im Doing some mods to my bike dont Know if it will be on the road see what happens:D

VixenAndrea
14-08-07, 07:38 PM
well im in monbulk - so how about we meet at micawbers pub in belgrave and work something out from there?

gpxbabe
14-08-07, 07:52 PM
Sounds like a plan! I can be there for 11.30 - 11.45 is. Is that good for you?

VixenAndrea
15-08-07, 01:03 PM
fine with me!

MIKER
15-08-07, 01:22 PM
^^
have a safe & enjoyable ride guy's / gal's .. :)

zxnator
15-08-07, 01:49 PM
ride good people, enjoy, its not the destination, its the journey. :D thats life.

MIKER
15-08-07, 01:56 PM
now i think the set pace should @ approx 200+ , this will make for a enjoyable blast in the hills .. :p ;)

zxnator
15-08-07, 02:01 PM
now i think the set pace should @ approx 200+ , this will make for a enjoyable blast in the hills .. :p ;)

HELL YEAH. :D

MIKER
15-08-07, 02:03 PM
HELL YEAH. :D

the only way to enjoy a good blat , is @ warp speed .. ;)

gpxbabe
15-08-07, 02:13 PM
I'd enjoy that as a pillion, but not quite up to it on my own yet! :eek:

MIKER
15-08-07, 02:20 PM
I'd enjoy that as a pillion, but not quite up to it on my own yet! :eek:

hey , i dont encourage riding past ones comfort zone . ride @ whatever pace makes you :D , only on most rides i go on the pace has a funny way of quickening .. ;)

zxnator
15-08-07, 02:44 PM
the only way to enjoy a good blat , is @ warp speed .. ;)

yep visor melt down pace. LOL:D

MIKER
15-08-07, 02:47 PM
yep visor melt down pace. LOL:D

'stop it' , i'm now hanging out to go for a 'Knee trembler' out on the back roads .. :)

zxnator
15-08-07, 02:48 PM
'stop it' , i'm now hanging out to go for a 'Knee trembler' out on the back roads .. :)

hell yeah. :D

gpxbabe
15-08-07, 02:53 PM
I don't mind a bit of "knee trembling" on straight roads - it's the twisty bits! There are still too many bands I want to see before I die! :eek:

zxnator
15-08-07, 02:56 PM
long live metal. :D

MIKER
15-08-07, 02:57 PM
hey "ZXNATOR" your ZX9R can turn some serious speed , i ride with a mate that owns a ZX9R & he is near impossible to keep up with @ times in the twisities ..

zxnator
15-08-07, 03:02 PM
i cant ride for sh#$, on any thing, like i said their not a bad thing i think their under estimated. :D

MIKER
15-08-07, 03:54 PM
i cant ride for sh#$, on any thing, like i said their not a bad thing i think their under estimated. :D

i dont see how they are under estimated :confused: , the ZX9R is still a awesome superbike & can mix it with any other superbike on the road .
p.s. i dont know many riders "myself inc" that can ride a ZX9R to its 100% in the twisties ..

zxnator
15-08-07, 04:35 PM
i dont see how they are under estimated :confused: , the ZX9R is still a awesome superbike & can mix it with any other superbike on the road .
p.s. i dont know many riders "myself inc" that can ride a ZX9R to its 100% in the twisties ..

like i said i cant ride for ****, its just that non efi bikes that run conventional forks and are of 900 cc are a thing of the past, there fore are generally underestamated, due to what is around to day. i for one dont under estimste any thing or any one thats the first mistake you can make. :D

MIKER
15-08-07, 04:39 PM
like i said i cant ride for ****, its just that non efi bikes that run conventional forks and are of 900 cc are a thing of the past, there fore are generally underestamated, due to what is around to day. i for one dont under estimste any thing or any one thats the first mistake you can make. :D

i hear you , how many times have i seen & riden with guys on shiny new bikes that cant ride for sh#t . the ZX9R is a very nice bike IMO , a fork rebuild , good jet kit etc will see it perform near as good as many current bike's . i cant ride for sh#t either when i consider the company of riders i ussually ride with , but i hold my own ..

zxnator
15-08-07, 04:43 PM
i hear you , how many times have i seen & riden with guys on shiny new bikes that cant ride for sh#t . the ZX9R is a very nice bike IMO , a fork rebuild , good jet kit etc will see it perform near as good as many current bike's . i cant ride for sh#t either when i consider the company of riders i ussually ride with , but i hold my own ..

agreed 7 fold. :D

VixenAndrea
17-08-07, 09:33 AM
hey all,
the weather tomorrow is for rain up in the hills and spotty rain elsewhere. sunday looks to be fine though if you would prefer to do sunday instead..... let me know
Andrea

gpxbabe
17-08-07, 11:05 AM
Yeah, can meet you at Micawbers at 11.30 Sunday, but will need to head back by 4pm as going out.

Joffaboy
17-08-07, 05:17 PM
I was gunna meet you girls on Sat made plans for Sun have a good ride
I will probably go into Elizabeth st for a look at the bike shops

VixenAndrea
17-08-07, 06:38 PM
im happy either way to tell the truth - just it looks like its gonna rain.... how about i let you guys know in the morning or is that too late?

gpxbabe
17-08-07, 07:48 PM
I'm happy to do either or both! Let's see what the weather is doing tomorrow :)

Joffaboy
17-08-07, 07:58 PM
No problem just post your plans tomorrow morning
Got the pink socks ready to go
Maybee we can meet at Kawasaki 1300 and stay out of the hills anyway let me know

Joffaboy
18-08-07, 09:29 AM
Whats happening I'm sitting here looking at my pink socks rareing to go

gpxbabe
18-08-07, 09:31 AM
I've just left a message on Andrea's mobile. I can't leave till about 11.30 anyway as other half is out and I've got the children. I'm up for a non-hills ride as it's going to be 9 degrees in the hills. I fancy Elizabeth Street. Do you want to PM me your mobile number?

Joffaboy
18-08-07, 09:35 AM
Just emailed it to you

VixenAndrea
18-08-07, 09:37 AM
i just woke up!!!!! give me a few minutes and i'll call

Joffaboy
18-08-07, 08:24 PM
A great ride was had today with myself and two loverly ladies (gpxbabe and vixenAndrea) meet vix at Belgrave then rode to Beconsfield to meet the babe then off to Dandenong to get some chain lubricant for vix had a smoke at the Kawa dealer then off to Brunswick for a spot of lunch (Sydney Rd on a Saturday morning is not a good place to ride) had lunch (thanks to vix for shouting.....my shout next) the on to fairfield for a hoon round the boulevard (great road for riding) then home a total of 7 hours approx
Can't wait to do it again ..............Thanks girls

MIKER
18-08-07, 08:49 PM
^^
good fun had by all .. :)

gpxbabe
19-08-07, 09:30 AM
Thanks Joffaboy, I had fun too. And sorry about my s*** navigation off the freeway. Vixen and I had a blast on the Burwood Highway. We'll do it again soon :D

Joffaboy
19-08-07, 09:41 AM
No worries Sydney rd was interesting .........good to do it as it makes you appreciate the eastern suburbs drivers there a bit better than those Sydney rd peanuts

Colsie
19-08-07, 09:45 AM
Gladd You guys Had a Good day,maybe we can Organise Group pleasure Cruise out on some Country twisties,If anyones interested:D

VixenAndrea
19-08-07, 10:07 AM
it was a good ride and gpxbabe and joffaboy are fantastic company.... would love to organise something with more twisties (im liking them like i like the wind!!)

Joffaboy
19-08-07, 06:08 PM
Sounds good to me keep me posted

finallyridingagain
22-08-07, 01:06 PM
so whens the next ride guys? I'm looking forward to the spur with some other cruisers now that the weathers warming up (and no real early starts either ok!)

MIKER
22-08-07, 01:14 PM
the better weather is upon us "warren" get that Meanie of yours out there in the hills , nothing wrong with a early start .. ;)

finallyridingagain
22-08-07, 01:31 PM
your harsh mate! The last couple of mornings have been so damn cold its ridiculous. Winter gloves in the morning and summer on the way home.

(Not to mention I like to "sleep in" till around 8 - or when ever the kids wake me up)
I've had enough early starts to the city to last me a lifetime!

MIKER
22-08-07, 03:06 PM
^^
o.k. your excuse is vaild .. :D