PDA

View Full Version : Ride today ??

IF1960
23-02-13, 06:56 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s480x480/537981_425888847491565_1043176747_n.jpg

Going for a ride

The place is GIRGARRE .. not as spelt in the flyer ??? near Kyabram

Might see some of you there ..

madcow
23-02-13, 08:27 AM
yup as ya know ill be there, this is a short notice fundraiser for a local family in need, to my understanding the mother passed away suddenly from cancer and all proceeds will help out greatly. a great example of a small country town rallying together to make a difference...

and maybe even learn to spell..

RoadWarrior
23-02-13, 09:48 AM
Bugger Late notice and im chained down with the kids this weekend!

madcow
23-02-13, 06:24 PM
was a good run, ian should almost be home ... just a typical northern run,, pull out from the pub,, and ride as hard as u can to the next one..

IF1960
23-02-13, 09:02 PM
Yep Home safe and sound .. Having no life and or plans change is good sometimes .. Short notice stuff can be accommodated .. :top: Quick chat with Madcow an decided we will do this one at about 9.00pm last night..

Glad I did. Country Vic crews now how to help out when needed.

We had about 60 odd bikes with us, of all descriptions... Did a run from Girgarre to Kyabram, Nathalia Picola, Barmah, Echuca. Kyabram West and back to Girgarre

About 180k's .. Plus my 220 odd there and back made for a nice long 600+ day in the saddle.

And madcow's accurate with the description of events

Get to Pub, Have drink, Talk, Get Card .. Get on bike and go to the next one. Some went very quick,,, Lots of triple figure speeds,, some with 2's in front of them ;) must have something to do with the lack of bends out there.. gotta keep the mind sharp somehow. :lol:

Couple of pics for you

Whoppas bike, but wher's Whoppa ???? He and brother Jim weren't far away..

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/IF1960/BUACA%20Poker%20run/P2230060_zpsef985507.jpg

A Very nice Z

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/IF1960/BUACA%20Poker%20run/P2230062_zpse7f5cb63.jpg

The Start

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/IF1960/BUACA%20Poker%20run/P2230064_zps2e739211.jpg

Start of a possible Flush and a nice luch provided by the publican.. well done him/them

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/IF1960/BUACA%20Poker%20run/P2230070_zpsc347c280.jpg

Echuca still on a flush draw

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/IF1960/BUACA%20Poker%20run/P2230071_zps8aa29d13.jpg

Next stop was Ky West .. no Pics, the cards failed me and I was too busy rehydrating :)

Bring on the next ride........

madcow
23-02-13, 09:59 PM
was great to catch you again ian, the night ended with a charity night at the girgarre cricket club, which involved a nice roast buffett for tea, (included in the run).

i actually won a prize... THE WORST POKER HAND.... which i was happy to accept seeing as its a $50 gift voucher to the san julio bar and grill..... which just so happens to be my main watering hole.... (you up for a beer next saturday night ian?.)... and just in case theres any nay sayers about the speeds involved on the run... im pretty sure there was some funny sounding german jigger there on the day that kept scaring the s#!t out of everyone as it looked like a cop bike... i happened to see the special button that pulls up the top speed pulled and it may have started with a 2.... i thoroughly reccommend anyone to come and have a rip on a run up this way... especially if you like to wind on the throttle a bit... we locals always live in fear of running out of beer, so naturally we have to beat everyone to the next pub.. (cant be caught dry).. so the common concensus is that they cant book all of us at once... SO FRIGGIN FANG IT... all good fun... the only copper seen all day was one standing at the station in nathalia.. (checking out the bikes).. they generally leave us alone... so get up here get sunburnt and have a good old fashioned fang...

easyrider
23-02-13, 10:58 PM
stop posting right now you 2.......im really missing riding

SNAFU
24-02-13, 07:18 AM
Fantastic guy's, hope you all had the best day! Hey Ian what is with using the BM as a clothes line? Or are you afraid the BBH (Big Box Head) will melt? Lol.:hahaha::aetsch:

TTFN, Dutchy:wavey::biggrin1::ohyeah:

madcow
24-02-13, 01:51 PM
stop posting right now you 2.......im really missing riding
well mate, you know what to do about that....

Fantastic guy's, hope you all had the best day! Hey Ian what is with using the BM as a clothes line? Or are you afraid the BBH (Big Box Head) will melt? Lol.:hahaha::aetsch:

TTFN, Dutchy:wavey::biggrin1::ohyeah:
melt he tried to melt the tyres off it.. its amazing what you can do when theres no corners to get in the way

SLOWPOKE
25-02-13, 09:37 AM
Ah another excuse for a ride missed.:cry:
One of my riding buddies lives there and I would bet he went on the run but alas I was working at the Super bikes picking up the carnage so knew nothing about this and couldn't catch up with him. I thing it looks like his HD in one of the photos. He has street sweepers, spoked front 21 wheel and chopped softail rear end and black. Oh and he is very short.
Oh well can't do everything.
Glad you all had fun on the straights up there and got back with the black side down still.

midnightpurches
25-02-13, 06:06 PM
Great pics..so jealous, and ditto Matt, missing riding :<(
Twas awesome weather for a ride over the weekend

Robster
26-02-13, 03:13 PM
Looks like a great day, with a good turnout.......for a great cause!

Too true......small towns really know how to rally heartily for community members in need!

Well done guys, and I'm sure the family concerned appreciate the efforts from all those involved. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robster

madcow
26-02-13, 05:13 PM
the run raised $3,460.15 and one car wash token. not bad for a ride that was organised in less than 3 weeks

Robster
26-02-13, 10:33 PM
the run raised $3,460.15 and one car wash token. not bad for a ride that was organised in less than 3 weeks

Yep.........fantastic result and typical of the motorcycling fraternity!