PDA

View Full Version : Ride from Peer 1, Port Melbourne, First Meet and Greet members of Forum invited

IndioGomez
17-07-07, 05:17 PM
I am just inviting people if they want to join me at Peer 1 on Saturday 21st at 11am to go for a ride. Where? It does not really matter, the whole point is to meet members of this forum and try to see if we can organize ourselves and creat a Members Club. Let me know if anyone is interested. Cheers

VixenAndrea
17-07-07, 06:17 PM
would love to if i knew where the hell peer 1 was...... i'm a blonde with no sense of direction whatsoever! (and the sad thing is thats its true)

IndioGomez
17-07-07, 06:42 PM
would love to if i knew where the hell peer 1 was...... i'm a blonde with no sense of direction whatsoever! (and the sad thing is thats its true)

Ha ha ha, you are trully funny! Don't worry, the first time I was told to meet someone there I also said :confused: . It's basically riding down the Esplanade that borders the beach all the way down towards Port Melbourne up to the last peer, I think that Rx Hunt's fish and grill place is there too, There is a coffee shop that you can't miss there. If it is too hard I am happy to meet you somewhere else earlier than 11, somewhere neer st kilda, punt rd area if it's not too much to ask. What do you think Vixen?

Tex Warren
17-07-07, 06:55 PM
MMMm I will try and make it.... pencil me in!

lets hope the cold snap breaks a little. :D

MIKER
17-07-07, 07:49 PM
^^
i agree its freezing , i'll be riding on sunday with a few of the regular crowd i ride with {thats if the weather isnt ice cold} . enjoy the ride guys / gals ..

Joffaboy
17-07-07, 07:58 PM
will try and make it shouldn,t be a problem weather is forecast as no rain and 14 deg

Joffaboy
17-07-07, 08:01 PM
Tell us which way you went to work on Monday pier 1 is not far from the city
and we can give you directions or meet you on the way

IndioGomez
17-07-07, 08:05 PM
Good on ya guys, hopefully we will meet at peer 1 this saturday with great weather, it will be the initiation of the club. The more members the better.

VixenAndrea
17-07-07, 08:07 PM
ok - Punt Rd is good for me! i can drop in and see my son on the way through (he lives in Sth Yarra - near the train station) and that way i'm not too far...
or else i can meet anyone at all in the city and follow them out - i seriously am geographically challenged.....

IndioGomez
18-07-07, 09:12 AM
ok - Punt Rd is good for me! i can drop in and see my son on the way through (he lives in Sth Yarra - near the train station) and that way i'm not too far...
or else i can meet anyone at all in the city and follow them out - i seriously am geographically challenged.....

Hey there national Geographic:D , why don't I wait for you at the servo on punt road that is right across the melbourne storm training ground, this is just before the entry onto the eastern freeway. Is that easy to understand? How about 10.40am? Let me know, or PM if there is a problem, maybe some the guys might have a better idea.

GPXPaddy
18-07-07, 02:22 PM
I'd love to come along if thats ok. It would be nice to go for a ride in a group for once!

See you guys at 11am Pier 1 Sat.
Paddy.

VixenAndrea
18-07-07, 03:53 PM
national geographic????? toobad noone's mapped me in a long long time hahaha
i was gong to ride to geelong once the meet and greet was finished so i can ride back with paddy to geelong - this is too perferct for words!

MIKER
18-07-07, 04:25 PM
looks like there will be a few 250's in the group , "Allan" i think you better keep your throttle in check on the V2K .. :D

IndioGomez
18-07-07, 10:19 PM
looks like there will be a few 250's in the group , "Allan" i think you better keep your throttle in check on the V2K .. :D
I will sure do that my friend, too bad you can't be there with us. Maybe bext time.

IndioGomez
18-07-07, 10:24 PM
So far the rieders that have booked int a spot at this saturday's first meet and greet are:

VixenAndrea(ladies first)
Tex Warren
Joffaboy
GPX Paddy

All other riders from this forum are invited. That is this saturday at 11 am Peer 1, Port Melbourne, wait at the coffee shop, have a coffee if anyone is running late.

Vixen, let me know where in Punt rd is ok to meet, or else I will go straight to Peer 1 assuming that you will be ok getting there. Cheers
By theway, where are the vulcan boys? Meanstreaks? How come you guys are not raising your hands? Anyway, don't be shy, show up and meet some of the members of this forum/

Tex Warren
18-07-07, 11:47 PM
Yep... weather is looking fine for the sunday... lets hope the roads dry out by then...
:D

gpxbabe
19-07-07, 12:30 AM
If I can plant the kids on someone I'll be there. I'll confirm tomorrow if I can make it or not. Looking forward to putting some faces to names! I'm just as geographically challenged as VixenAndrea (but in my defence I'm relatively new to Melbourne!). I'm coming from the south east, and I'm planning to take the Monash Freeway to the Montague Street exit and then head down to Port Melbourne. Or is there a better way? :confused:

VixenAndrea
19-07-07, 05:46 AM
gpxbabe - where in the southeast? we might be able to travel in together...

VixenAndrea
19-07-07, 05:47 AM
So far the rieders that have booked int a spot at this saturday's first meet and greet are:

VixenAndrea(ladies first)
Tex Warren
Joffaboy
GPX Paddy

All other riders from this forum are invited. That is this saturday at 11 am Peer 1, Port Melbourne, wait at the coffee shop, have a coffee if anyone is running late.

Vixen, let me know where in Punt rd is ok to meet, or else I will go straight to Peer 1 assuming that you will be ok getting there. Cheers
By theway, where are the vulcan boys? Meanstreaks? How come you guys are not raising your hands? Anyway, don't be shy, show up and meet some of the members of this forum/

Punt Rd would be brilliant thankyou :-) - im waiting to hear from gpxbabe if she wants to meet up and ride in with me
cheers and thanks from the geographically challenged blonde....,

gpxbabe
19-07-07, 07:41 AM
Hi Vixen,
I'm coming from Guy's Hill (near Berwick). Will be joining the freeway at Fountain Gate. I looked at the map but couldn't work out how to get from the freeway to Punt Road. Would love to meet up with you somewhere and ride in in style together! Will confirm today if it's on for me. :)

MIKER
19-07-07, 07:59 AM
Yep... weather is looking fine for the sunday... lets hope the roads dry out by then...
:D

the roads will have all saturday to dry out & sunday should be fine .. ;)

gpxbabe
19-07-07, 05:47 PM
OK, I'm definitely coming. Buel Bloke has kindly offered to have kids! Vixen, shall we meet up somewhere and then meet IndioGomez? See you all there :D :D

Joffaboy
19-07-07, 07:06 PM
May I make a suggestion Ladies
VixenAndrea (National Geographic) rides down Burwood Highway and goes over the freeway there is a park just past the freeway on the left (the name of the road changes to Toorak rd)
gpxbabe you ride down the freeway exit Toorak rd keep left down Toorak road a little bit to the park
To get to punt rd go down the freeway take the punt rd exit the servo you want is on the right just after the exit ends
Allow half and hour to punt rd if your early no matter Vixen can have a smoke
if you decide to meet at Toorak rd post the time and I will try and meet you two there if I,m not there dont worry it's a easy ride to punt rd

gpxbabe
19-07-07, 08:01 PM
Andrea, shall we meet at the reserve that Joffaboy suggested? It is called Robert Menzies Reserve according to the Melway, on the left just after Elizabeth Street, shortly after you cross the freeway on Burwood Highway / Toorak Road. If we meet at 10.00am, and then aim to meet IndioGomez and Joffaboy at the Punt Road servo by 10.30am, do you all think that sounds OK?

Colsie
20-07-07, 09:08 AM
I am just inviting people if they want to join me at Peer 1 on Saturday 21st at 11am to go for a ride. Where? It does not really matter, the whole point is to meet members of this forum and try to see if we can organize ourselves and creat a Members Club. Let me know if anyone is interested. Cheers

Are you Talking about Station pier???near where the tassie ferry Departs??

Ill see if I can get there,maybe about 11.30 Though :)

VixenAndrea
20-07-07, 08:56 PM
ok - thats easy for me and i ride down burwood hwy/toorak rd anyway..... and how did you know i was a smoker??????????

IndioGomez
20-07-07, 09:43 PM
Are you Talking about Station pier???near where the tassie ferry Departs??

Ill see if I can get there,maybe about 11.30 Though :)

Exactly my friend, that is where it is aimed at. I might be running late myself anyway, just found out I have "chores tomorrow"

Guys meeting at the servo on punt rd acroos the melbourne storm training oval, I might be late so if you want to head down with Joffaboy towards Peer 1, that is fine, don't worry, everybody will at the Peer 1 coffe shop waiting anyway. hope to see you there guys. Thanks

Tex Warren
21-07-07, 05:34 PM
What time is the meet on Sunday?

IndioGomez
21-07-07, 08:21 PM
Tex, I am not sure you got the days confused but the ride was scheduled for today at 11am from Peer 1. We had 6 riders showing up from this forum, too bad you could'nt make it:

Colsie (Vn900 custom)
Joffaboy (Eliminator 250)
GpxPaddy (GPX 250
GpxBabe (GPX 250)
VixenAndrea (Eliminator 250)
IndioGomez(Vulcan 2000)

Being the first time we actually arranged a ride for members of this forum, the whole day was more about meeting the members and putting a face to the name. After admiring each others bikes and having a bit of caffeine, we all headed towards Williamstown as a pack. It was great to see a group of mean kawasaki motorccycles on the road again. We had a stop at Williamstown Bay, where Joffaboy, Colsie and Indiogomez had some lunch at La Porchetta Pizza (Marinara) and GpxPaddy, GpxBabe and VixenAndrea continued their ride to Geelong, good on ya guys!!

Anyway, the day was great, and it was a great response from members for a first unofficial meeting. Maybe next time we can have more participants on the road. Like I said before, all kinds of Kawasaki bikes are welcome. Here are some pics (Check out Colsie's new VN900 custom, only 500k's on it)

Joffaboy
21-07-07, 08:29 PM
It was a great day and it was nice to meet some fellow members
Im glad no one has mentioned the pink socks

IndioGomez
21-07-07, 08:33 PM
More photos of the Peer 1 Meeting and ride to Williamstown:

Colsie
21-07-07, 08:34 PM
It was Great to meet you Guys & Gals hope to be doing it again soon,maybe a ride out on the twisties some where.

cheers;)

IndioGomez
21-07-07, 08:51 PM
It was a great day and it was nice to meet some fellow members
Im glad no one has mentioned the pink socks

Ha ha, so now I see why everybody was starring at our pack! Don't worry mate, only real men wear pink, maybe we should organize a Pink Day Ride supporting Breast Cancer Organizations and dress up in Pink, you already have the socks mate.:D

Tex Warren
21-07-07, 09:05 PM
Yep... typical me... a day late and not paying attentio... actually, I had chores and the wife to do...

I will be catching up with Mean1 on Sunday tho... I just don't know what time.
:o

gpxbabe
21-07-07, 09:51 PM
Great catching up with you all! Sorry about the mix up, Tex Warren, maybe next time. Here is a pic of the best two looking bikes of the pack, what do you think, GPXPaddy? :D :D Now I know a friendly face in Geelong I'll be sure to be back again sometime! Hope you had a good dinner, VixenAndrea :D Catch up with you all again.

GPXPaddy
22-07-07, 01:14 AM
The 2 meanest looking pieces of hardware on the road today I think GPXBabe!!! Aside from that red monstrosety on the pier...maybe.

Thanks everyone for a great day, cant wait to do it again!

zxrmad
22-07-07, 03:42 AM
The 2 meanest looking pieces of hardware on the road today I think GPXBabe!!! Aside from that red monstrosety on the pier...maybe.

Thanks everyone for a great day, cant wait to do it again!

Hey Paddy,

Pleased you all had a good ride. Can you put some names to the faces in the pic, maybe :confused: :confused: .

Cheers
Brian

MIKER
22-07-07, 08:26 AM

approx 10:00 / 10:30am , myself on my Z1000 , a mate on a GXSR 1000 , Another mate on a ZX10R Ninja are riding . join us , but be prepared for some knee down ..
p.s. "Tex" check your voice mail ..

MIKER
22-07-07, 08:37 AM
^^
to all the memebers who joined the saturday ride , thank you for sharing the pic's & i am glad everyone had a great meet & great . "Allan" good on you for getting the ride together & good ppl's around here .. :D

Tex Warren
22-07-07, 09:48 AM
approx 10:00 / 10:30am , myself on my Z1000 , a mate on a GXSR 1000 , Another mate on a ZX10R Ninja are riding . join us , but be prepared for some knee down ..
p.s. "Tex" check your voice mail ..

I will see y'all there about 10.30...

You get the knee down, I will bring the camera.

Cheers Tex

Joffaboy
22-07-07, 10:22 AM
Ok here we go
from left to right....Photo 1
VixenAndrea,IndioGomez,gpxPaddy,Colsie,gpxbabe,me(joffaboy)
Photo 2...Sorry about my hair, left my comb at home ps you can't grow grass on concrete and stop looking at VixenAndrea

MorganGT
22-07-07, 10:39 AM
Idiot me planned to meet up with you lot at Pier 1, but for some reason got the days confused and thought it was on Sunday - lucky I double-checked the details this morning or I would be down there now wondering where everybody was! Next time I'll have to pay a bit more attention! :(

zxnator
22-07-07, 03:17 PM
looks like a great social day was had , good on ya, oh yeah joff dont worry ,your not the only one with the concrete prob. i get around it , i shave me head daily.:D

zxrmad
22-07-07, 07:47 PM
Ok here we go
from left to right....Photo 1
VixenAndrea,IndioGomez,gpxPaddy,Colsie,gpxbabe,me(joffaboy)
Photo 2...Sorry about my hair, left my comb at home ps you can't grow grass on concrete and stop looking at VixenAndrea

That's great thanks for that Joffaboy. It's good to be able to put a face to a name on the forum. Glad you guys had a good day.

Cheers,
Brian

VixenAndrea
22-07-07, 08:13 PM
i would just like to say that i had an absolutely brilliant day and was very grateful to be invited along. thankyou all for also being patient with a learner.
i got to ride over the westgate on the way home tonight in the dark - it was brilliant! so now im definitely not a bridge virgin anymore!
you're all just fantastic people....

MorganGT
22-07-07, 09:35 PM
Well, I got fed up with missing out on yesterday's ride and hadn't ridden the bike to work since Monday, so after taking care of a few chores to keep the wife happy, I gave the GPz a wash and went out for a fang - through Plenty Gorge, Diamond Creek, Kangaroo Ground through Christmas Hills to Yarra Glen, Healesville, up to Toolangi then back across the ridge through Kinglake, Kinglake West and Whittlesea. Haven't been through Toolangi since I had my last bike, so took it a bit easy through that bit while I got the feel of the bigger bike through the tight stuff, but I had a LOT of fun, and saw a lot of others out there having fun too. Not sure I was ever under the speed limit at any point though, and did have the fun of discovering the GPz is prone to speed wobbles in a crosswind over 220km/h.....;)
http://i12.tinypic.com/4ypm49y.jpg
Stopped for a breather up near Toolangi and took this shot - a few seconds later a guy on a ZX-9 screamed past going a lot harder that I had been, and I thought I was pushing it - he scraped his footpeg taking that left hander in the background.

MIKER
24-07-07, 10:40 AM
^^
nice GPZ 750 "MorganGT" , great roads to be riding on .. :cool: