PDA

View Full Version : 13mm valve shims

MrMoped
06-06-07, 11:08 PM
Hi all,

I've just inherited an '85 GPz750A from my son and I've been fiddle-farting around doing the valves and find that I need a bunch of shims to get the adjustment just right.

I was toying with getting them from Z1 Enterprises (good prices) but thought I might try local first.

Is there anyone out there wants to exchange some/exchanges them at a reasonable price/has a few that they want to get rid of.

What I need is 3 x 2.70mm, 2 x 2.75mm, 2 x 2.80mm and 1 x 2.85mm. In exchange I have 4 x 2.55mm and 4 x 2.65mm.

ta
Paul

Wrecker
07-06-07, 08:04 AM
Shims are on Ebay all the time.

Speaking of do you want to do mine whilst your at it?

MrMoped
07-06-07, 09:21 PM
Yes, I've looked on e-bay and I've seen a lot of shims that aren't 13mm :(

also I want to avoid building up the worlds largest collection of shims that I'll never use. :(

On the subject of doing yours - No problems at all. Just pop over any weekend, bring a six-pack of Boags (and not that light rubbish) and we'll knock 'em over in a flash and then we'll tackle the valves. :D

MIKER
07-06-07, 09:31 PM
^^
you are a very generous guy , work for beers . exellent :cool:

MrMoped
07-06-07, 10:13 PM
^^
work for beers . exellent :cool:

A man is not a camel don't you know;)

planezrx
07-06-07, 11:10 PM
Try Precision shims in Melboure. Can't find their phone number just now, but the guy who owns it was very helpful on the phone!

Cheers,
Pete

Wrecker
08-06-07, 07:37 AM
Sure,

I think the cost in petrol would outway any savings.

and VB? or XXXX bitter only. though could go a crown

MorganGT
03-07-07, 10:03 PM
I've just done the shims as part of an engine rebuild (810 Wiseco overbore kit) on my '86 GPz750-A3. I was lucky I only needed a few shims (swapped a few around, plus had ones from the spare $100 Wiseco donor engine). Spent a day trying various Kawasaki dealers, none had stock of the sizes I needed. Eventually found a workshop that had a box full of 'exchange' secondhand shims resulting from all the rebuilds they had done, and they had the sizes I needed. A pain in the ass to do the first time, but seems easy the second (and third!) times.

Just realised, the sizes you have spare were exactly what I needed!