PDA

View Full Version : adjustable rear suspension.

Nevyn Kawa
01-06-07, 10:23 PM
Hey guys,

am fixing up an old Z750 (many will have seen my other questions in here, sorting it out bit by bit)

I have noticed that top of the rear springs have adjustments on them. My assumption is it's an adjustable dampener or something similar, adjusts the strength of the shock absorber??

While I reaslise this is probably a personal preference thing I though to ask some advice. I'm not a big fella, weighing in at about 75Kg's. there is five different settings, it is currently set on three.

Anyone else seen these? are they common? should I change it??

MIKER
01-06-07, 10:30 PM
its your preload , you weigh 75kg . the setting is @ 3 so i say leave it there , you could even get away with 2 setting @ your weight . but leave it a little stiffer @ 3 , i got my setting on my ZRX @ setting 4 ..

Nevyn Kawa
02-06-07, 06:59 AM
its your preload , you weigh 75kg . the setting is @ 3 so i say leave it there , you could even get away with 2 setting @ your weight . but leave it a little stiffer @ 3 , i got my setting on my ZRX @ setting 4 ..

Thanks.

Should the setting difference be really noticable standing idle? or would it feel fairly similar standing idle and notice the difference when riding?

wheelbarrow
02-06-07, 05:38 PM
Thanks.

Should the setting difference be really noticable standing idle? or would it feel fairly similar standing idle and notice the difference when riding?

Sorry buddy, had a chuckle then. I don't bounce on my bike when it's idling:D. You had to have a mental picture of it. Hey, the seat at this PC has a shock also. I only notice the diffence of the adjustment when I'm riding, the bike not the chair:D .

I have only just noticed I had no air in my back shocks and what a difference it makes with some air. Who's a dill.

I've heard 10 to 15 psi is right on a mean streak.
I put in 15, what pressure do others use?

Nevyn Kawa
02-06-07, 07:42 PM
Sorry buddy, had a chuckle then. I don't bounce on my bike when it's idling:D. You had to have a mental picture of it. Hey, the seat at this PC has a shock also. I only notice the diffence of the adjustment when I'm riding, the bike not the chair:D .

Yeah admit that did sound funny, I posted that the other night, bike is without rego so can't just go for random trips to test it out. (have taken it out once when I first got it running but kept it pretty close to home and short)

good to hear not much difference standing still, was worried I had found something else to fix.

I have only just noticed I had no air in my back shocks and what a difference it makes with some air. Who's a dill.

I've heard 10 to 15 psi is right on a mean streak.
I put in 15, what pressure do others use?

Looking through the workshop manual, I don't beleive I have air assisted at the rear, only at the front. only the shaft drive models are air assisted, chain driven are hydraulically dampened.

Mine is the E1.