PDA

View Full Version : zzr250

graham.davis1976@btintern
21-05-07, 07:34 PM
just bought a zzr250, i have noticed there is a knocking niose and a ticking noise from the engine . is this normal or does it need a major service . also has anyone know where you can get a rear disc as mine is worn out

NewOldTimer
23-05-07, 12:28 PM
hard to say what the noise could be without hearing it. best take it to the shop ang get their opinion. a wrecker would be your best bet for a disc, but they are pricy!

MIKER
23-05-07, 12:47 PM
knocking is no good , but ticking isnt that much of a issue providing its to overwhelming . i'd get the bike checked out by a Kawasaki mechanic & give it a major service , if its got no service history ..

btob
23-05-07, 01:39 PM
May not be a death sentence. Might be timing chain or valve adjustment related.

Shelly
23-05-07, 02:09 PM
You can buy non-genuine discs brand new with pads for little more than wrecker prices.

graham.davis1976@btintern
24-05-07, 10:06 PM
the knocking noise only happens when i start the bike then it goes away. a service is the best answer

colta75
07-10-07, 01:54 PM
I just bought a zzr250 and the same thing, when I start it, there is a knocking noise but then it goes away. Sounds terrible, makes you want to turn it off after just turning it on, but is a nice bike, love it!

Head_Mechanic
07-10-07, 02:24 PM
just bought a zzr250, i have noticed there is a knocking niose and a ticking noise from the engine . is this normal or does it need a major service . also has anyone know where you can get a rear disc as mine is worn out

This is normal for a ZZR/GPX 250. If you pull the clutch lever in the noise stops.

Housie
07-10-07, 04:31 PM
yep H.M is on the money about the knock, same thing happened to mine. Nothing a new engine didnt fix ;) lol but from what ive been told it aint that bad. Does it only happen in neutral buddy?

Jason

colta75
17-02-08, 06:10 PM
Yep! only happens in neutral. Have been riding it for a while now and have worked it out. Also goes away when I pull the clutch in. I try not to sit at the lights in neutral too much as people might think my motor is going to fall out. Done 50k kms, is still going sort of ok :rolleyes:

SK3tCh
18-02-08, 08:37 PM
:)i had the same prob with my ninja the timing chain had streched replacing it made the noise stop