PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Pink Ribbon Motorcycle Ride

Lost
05-09-11, 12:58 PM
Ok just received this email.

Dear PRR Supporter,

We wish to advise that registration is now open for the 2011 Pink Ribbon Motorcycle Ride being held on Sunday 23rd October, 2011 at The Mean Fiddler, located on the corner of Commercial Road and Windsor Road, Rouse Hill.

Next month will see our 11th Pink Ribbon Ride, this year we are circulating the beautiful roads of Western Sydney with checkpoints at Scheyville National Park and North Richmond.
We continue our partnership with the Westmead Breast Cancer Institute as our nominated charity and Harley Davidson Australia as our major sponsor. We hope to continue to make this special event the biggest yet and are planning for 1000+ bikes to join us on the day.

Some exciting things are happening. The event is again being supported by our very own World Endurance Champion - Warwick Nowland. Do you want to go on the ride, but don't have a motorcycle at the moment, don't ride any more, just don't want to ride on the day, want to give that special someone a surprise, or just want to treat yourself? Then if this sounds like you, then look no further. We are auctioning Warwick’s spare seat, so go to our website and bid to win a ride with a champion.

There will also be another auction for a chance to win a self ride on a Harley Davidson (subject to terms and conditions). See our website for me details on this shortly.

And the excitement continues. Along side Warwick you will see the return of the sophisticated all round entertainer; Salvatore Coco. You will all remember him from Heartbreak High, Police Rescue, Underbelly and now Pink Ribbon Ride fame if you came last year.

There are some great photos/memories from previous Pink Ribbon Rides which have been placed on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RXw856WZdA

Early registration saves you time, and if you’re in the first 750 registrations you will receive that coveted Pink Ribbon Ride Badge to mark the occasion and for some to add to their collection.
So don't miss out on your chance to be part of this memorable event. Just follow our quick link where you can register quickly and easily on line.

Register On Line
Alternatively, go to our website www.pinkribbonride.com and download a form and either send it in or just bring it with you on the day.

All those who pre-register will receive a letter confirming their registration and official badge which will be posted prior to the event, but this will also depend on how close to the event you register. All the other paper work will be available on the day at the venue.

If you don’t want to wait in the queue to purchase your merchandise to add to your growing merchandise and/or badge collection, then as you register on line using our quick link, simply add your selection of merchandise all in one easy transaction. As with registrations, a form can also be downloaded from the website and posted.

We have a lot of fantastic prizes on offer and our major raffle gives you the chance to win a zippy scooter as well as vouchers, bike gear and heaps more. If you are interested in helping sell some tickets, then please email info@pinkribbonride.com and we will gladly organise a book or two for you.

We know how many of you love to dress up and we’ll be rewarding the best dressed bike & rider and best dressed scooter & rider on the day and for all you trivia buffs we’ve come up with ten more questions to test your bike expertise.

So, jump on, register, add your purchases and start preparing for a wonderful experience.

Check out the website at www.pinkribbonride.com and get your registration and payment in as soon as you can so you can start gathering the all important sponsorship from friends, family, colleagues, neighbours... anyone! The greatest sponsorship tallies will also win fantastic prizes and help us achieve our target of $60,000.

Sponsorship is where you as the rider and the Pink Ribbon Ride can make a real difference. It has such an enormous impact on the services and support that the Westmead Breast Cancer Institute is able to provide for those whose lives are affected by cancer.

We look forward to your company on October 23rd.

Kind regards,
Pink Ribbon Ride Committee

So who's interested in attending?

For anyone outside of Sydney wanting to attend I can probably put you up the night before at my place. Might even have a BBQ and a small party seeing how it's my birthday on the day of the ride :).

Lost
29-09-11, 10:11 PM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k94/CybaGirl/icons/bump-1.gif

loubre
30-09-11, 07:28 PM
Having been touched by this in my family it's a top cause, so come on all you NSW mob get on board, would love to be there but Darwin is just a bit too far away! lol

DecoStop
04-10-11, 10:44 AM
Just a quick question:

I might be able to make the ride but just in case, how do make a small donation other wise?

Lost
04-10-11, 07:09 PM
Just check out their website I am sure you can make a donation from there.

But the ride is great and if the weather is good there is literally thousands of bikes everywhere :).

DecoStop
05-10-11, 11:04 AM
Just check out their website I am sure you can make a donation from there.

But the ride is great and if the weather is good there is literally thousands of bikes everywhere :).
Found it.

https://pinkribbon.evolveshop.com.au/epages/pinkribbon.sf/sec2_2ce08IYoA/?ObjectPath=/Shops/5353109293202132

Thank you. :)

Davros
05-10-11, 11:48 AM
Count me in. Will the AKRF members be riding as a group within the larger procession?

Red Dragon
18-10-11, 07:26 PM
Can't go due to family commitments but will be donating regardless. To the rest going, have a blast :)

Lateralus
18-10-11, 07:37 PM
I think I read something about one from Newcastle out to Denman for the same day. I won't be here though as I'm off to a wedding in Mudgee.

Lost
18-10-11, 08:02 PM
Count me in. Will the AKRF members be riding as a group within the larger procession?

Well at the moment it looks like it's only going to be me and you :lol: .

If your interested in meeting up somewhere just let me know.

KiwiMat
18-10-11, 09:00 PM
Im working till 1pm at ryde, then im happy to ride out and meet up with u guys. It will take me an hour or so to get out Windsor/Richmond way, and a few text messages to hunt you down.
sounds like fun, keep me posted

kiwimat

Lost
18-10-11, 09:32 PM
Im working till 1pm at ryde, then im happy to ride out and meet up with u guys. It will take me an hour or so to get out Windsor/Richmond way, and a few text messages to hunt you down.
sounds like fun, keep me posted

kiwimat

Hi Mat it starts at 9:00am and finishes at 1:00pm according to what is listed on this page.

http://www.pinkribbonride.com/route.html

Doctor Shifty
19-10-11, 07:32 PM
Have fun on the ride, everyone. My wife has had two bouts of breast cancer (20 years ago and 3 years ago) and we are more than conscious of the colour pink. However, I've got a day full of work this Sunday so can't join in. :(

Taz the Spaz
20-10-11, 02:54 PM
Same here, would love to attend as my mums is currently fighitng breast cancer, but work calls.

KiwiMat
20-10-11, 07:53 PM
I'm no

KiwiMat
20-10-11, 07:55 PM
Have fun guys, we will have to get a Sydney ride together soon

Kiwimat