PDA

View Full Version : ZZR250 What the...?

Jaredm
20-04-07, 09:01 AM
I recently bought a '95 zzr250 without roadworthy (big mistake) and even though it was cheap I have spent heaps on it already trying to sort out issues but there is one last one we can't figure out.

Often when ridden (probably 1 in every 2 x) the bike will stall. This dosn't just happen when sitting at idle sometimes it will just cut out at 90kph and it is always hard to start again straight after - often I have had to park it and leave it for a few hours or get my mate to come pick it up with the ute - although sometimes a rolling start gets it firing again. Also after it has cut out when the start button is pushed it doens't make a noise like the starter motor is ticking over just a very faint whirring comes from that little black box so I know something is still going on in there.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Any info would be much appreciated.

MIKER
20-04-07, 07:56 PM
get the bike into a Kawasaki workshop now , but i'd say you have a eletrical problem . i could be wrong & it be a fuel problem , so get a Kawi mechanic to give it a once over . sorry but its hard to give advise , without being there ..

AlligatorCastrator
21-04-07, 04:07 PM
Yes, as what MEANy 1 said.. however..

Part one of the problem..

Coils?? Sometimes when they get hot, if they're on the way out (can be from use of non-resistorised spark plugs or other things like people turning it over without the leads connected to plugs etc.), once they get warm / hot - bike will stop. Hours later, bang, she runs again.

Second problem. Wow, got me, no idea (without being there).

Get someone to go over it, as MEANy 1 said.

Cheers

MIKER
21-04-07, 04:36 PM
^^
hey "Tod" , its can be hard to know WTF is going on with other ppl's bikes if you dont see em . i aint no mechanic , but its funny i worked as a B-grade mechanic in my late teens' . i am handy , but problem eliminating can be hard over the phone or PC .. ;)