PDA

View Full Version : Fiinally painted the Nomad !!

newjack66
01-10-10, 01:50 PM
I had a small window of opportunity at work so I decided to paint the Nomad. Gone is the two tone green with pinstripes.

I went for a 'bench' silver metallic comprising of a 'mated' Holden and Toyota silver (stuff that was laying around for ages, talk about recycling). Paint is two pack.

I was inspired by the Triumph Thunderbird in silver.

Despite advice from my wife, kids, folks, friends etc I went for a no frills clean look.

Also I will never hear the end of it from DAVO as black is the the only color and MADCOW who says green is the only color.

Just wanted a super clean look. I have some subtle chrome plans in the near future. Oh and I left the nomad badges on and the Kwaka plate on the tank dash.

I spin people out when I say its a Kwaka and the quarter of a price of a HD !!

Let the ridicule begin ! :shot:

easyrider
01-10-10, 02:46 PM
noice!!!!!!!!!!! silver was one of the colors i was considering for mine eh!

IF1960
01-10-10, 02:47 PM
Looks like a freakin kitchen on wheels

nah .... justs joshin Newie .. looks nice mate, screw Davo and the Cow ...Well done ...

KLR 650 guy
01-10-10, 03:11 PM
Looks like a freakin kitchen on wheels

screw Davo and the Cow ...Well done ... :thefinger:

+1 and tell them to go jump as it is so clean

Gambler
01-10-10, 03:33 PM
I would like it if i was into cruisers........lol

Nice job though, well done

AJ2009
01-10-10, 03:41 PM
Good job NJ, something a little unique is ok!

And lets face it there is only "ONE" green nomad................

pucara
01-10-10, 05:04 PM
Nice Yamaha XV Darren!!! just joking m8, Noice, very noice, unusual, different.........................lol

The Zippy Hippie
01-10-10, 05:11 PM
:dito: i recon it looks friggin awsome newjack. you done a good job. the silver is
very fresh looking. :ohyeah:

newjack66
01-10-10, 05:31 PM
Thanks for that !

I was going to sell the bike as it seemed dated. My boss said why not change color. I liken it to a facelift. The bike looks younger and I'm in love with it again!

muzza
01-10-10, 05:46 PM
looks farken awesome darren. would look better with some blue but lol. nah looks good mate im thinking black and silver for mine.

newjack66
01-10-10, 06:02 PM
Thanks mate.

Yours would look great black and silver. I almost went for gunmetal grey and silver (my wifes choice). All the dark green bits were going to be grey and the light green silver. Once I painted a guard silver that was it for me.

I stripped the bike and undid the wiring easily. The wiring is colorcoded and the bolts are all easily reachable.

Two guards and the tank painted and you have a new bike !!!!!

Oily
01-10-10, 09:07 PM
Great work Darren...Its looks great and a hell of a lot cheaper than buying another bike.

Davo
01-10-10, 09:37 PM
Looks awesome......................well it would if it was BLACK.

No accounting for taste I suppose

You've done a good job mate....it looks good...lol

Doctor Shifty
01-10-10, 10:05 PM
Looks good - call it something fancy like moondust and everyone will like it even more.

Lost
01-10-10, 10:45 PM
Its FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Don't let any other tool tell you otherwise!

I really love it and it stands out and makes it look unique!

Top stuff I reckon :thumb:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k94/CybaGirl/icons/hooray.gif

Davo
01-10-10, 10:52 PM
You been sniffing your perm solution again Cyba

muzza
01-10-10, 11:44 PM
well now i know who to see when i want my bike painted hey darren maaattteee

ThunderBird
02-10-10, 02:39 AM
Bike looks good. I have always been a fan of the metallic silver like on the v-rods

newjack66
02-10-10, 07:55 AM
Bike looks good. I have always been a fan of the metallic silver like on the v-rods

I agree. One of the USA versions of the Suzuki M109R is in Silver and looks sensational.

wgash1
02-10-10, 08:47 AM
excellent colour choice ,l'm normally black&chrome only person but that could sway me from the darkside to the lightside (be easier to keep clean at least)...very impressive :coffee:

shanekfalcon
02-10-10, 09:55 AM
An absolute stand-out. Well done.

newjack66
02-10-10, 01:16 PM
excellent colour choice ,l'm normally black&chrome only person but that could sway me from the darkside to the lightside (be easier to keep clean at least)...very impressive :coffee:

Thanks mate.

I must have looked at and dowloaded every color combo in the NOMAD including custom paint jobs.

I looked at black, then gun metal grey and black, then black and silver then finally silver. The bike is parked next to my WL statesman which is ..... silver!

Looked at the Stato silver then painted a guard silver and that was it!

keven byrne
02-10-10, 03:10 PM
Beautiful!