PDA

View Full Version : MY BIKES GONE CRAZY

duscamry
27-01-07, 08:14 PM
I was wondering if there are any witty, smart and intelligent people out there that are electrically minded that can help me with a problem. I got on my zx7r tonight to come home from work and to my surprise my blinkers lit up and stayed on! they flash when operated but when cancelled they remain on like a light. all 4 of them . plus my head lights are not working? what the hell has happened? all fuses are intact. is there a simple fix to this? or do i take her to a shop? regards, Dustin

duscamry
27-01-07, 08:50 PM
im crap at electricals

BlueZZR78
27-01-07, 10:00 PM
Sorry, but I;m new to the bike scene, but I'm a mechanic by trade. If the light switch and the indicators are in the same cluster. I would start there. Look at the wiring, plug, the cluster it self. It sounds like the indicators have shorted in the headlight circut. This can happen over time, by the manufactuor no having the best insulation on the wiring. Or its been dropped and its happened then.

That side spend the time to look for it. I had a BMW that went up in smoke cause the dodgy battery terminal. It blew apart, quickly folowed by the battery, then started a fuel fire.

I cried.

Best of luck

duscamry
28-01-07, 08:50 PM
problem solved????? i pressed the horn and all of a sudden everythings back to normal???? what the hell is going on? oh well wheres my helmet:D

MIKER
28-01-07, 09:26 PM
"WOW" maybe your horn somehow had a earth type connection to the rest of the wiring :confused: honestly i only do basic electrical stuff & i'm not very good @ complex electrical fault's :( . glad it's worked out .