PDA

View Full Version : Ride for the Hills 2010

weekend_rider
20-12-09, 07:28 PM
Got an email late last week there is a Ride For The Hills Recovery ride again on 14th February next year.

Details on www.rideforthehills.org.au

Ekaz900
03-01-10, 08:57 AM
This one is only about 6 weeks away now
anybody thinking of lining up for it ?

mickdundee
03-01-10, 10:22 AM
I'll be there assuming I have a license still, if not then i'll probably still be there on the pushbike marshalling regardless but might give Whittlesea a miss, I can only ride a pushbike for 2 metres between breaks nowadays :)

wgash1
03-01-10, 11:37 AM
all things going well l'll be there with the black barge :ciao:

madcow
03-01-10, 08:13 PM
well that about lines up with my next weekend off, if i can get some stuff done on the mistress i might be a goer.

Ekaz900
03-01-10, 08:26 PM
I keep checking the ride check points but nothing is listed yet Madcow.
I was hoping we might be able to join a group coming from the north of the state

madcow
03-01-10, 08:46 PM
we might have to make our own.

IF1960
03-01-10, 10:33 PM
Its in my diary :rock:

easyrider
03-01-10, 10:48 PM
which is in ya handbag!

IF1960
03-01-10, 10:58 PM
right next to my purse //// oops :embarassed:

mickdundee
07-01-10, 08:36 AM
www.rideforthehills.org.au

Its on again Ride For The Hills, road to recovery.

Date : 14th February 2010

Start : Albert Park pit lane

Finish : Whittlesea Country music festival

Depart : 11.00am

Rider $ 25.00 includes entry to the festival
Pillion $ 15.00 includes entry to the festival

All proceeds to CFA & SES to assist with the purchase of equipment lost during the Black Saturday fires.

Pre-register and be in the running for great prizes

$ 1000 voucher to Bike Mart Ringwood
$ 500 voucher to Bike Mart Ringwood
$ 250 voucher to Bike Mart Ringwood

All pre-registered names will go into a second draw with day registrations for a chance at winning additional prizes

Vietnam adventure tour
Honda Voucher
Tyres and more so pre-register for a double chance on the day

We also need volunteers to assist with bump in and out set up, traffic management and registration tables

Please help us continue to support the recovery effort by participating Ride For The Hills

Also look for the Ride For The Hills facebook page and become a member.

Philip Cassap
Committee Chairman

phil.rfth@yahoo.com.au

Colin et al, as for a ride group coming down from the north of the state, make your own and i'll get it listed on the website.

Ekaz900
08-01-10, 04:40 AM
Thanks Mick,
I will try and get some numbers and then we can plot a course

bubba1
21-01-10, 12:08 PM
Hi Guy's there is also a Ride for the hills run at Ararat on Sunday the 24th of January
that's this Sunday there are a few of my mob heading up on Sunday if any one is interested we will be leaving from the Mobile outbound on the ring road at 6.30am sharp
the ride starts in Ararat at 9.30am and is 160K or their is a shorter run for classic bikes of 80K BBQ in Arrarat at the end.

wgash1
25-01-10, 01:26 PM
just finnished the "ride for the hills" Ararat on Sunday, l hoped to have travelled up with Bubba and his crew from Melb, but due to sleeping in (the whole world looks so different at 4.30 on a sunday morn:stoned:) l had to do a bit of a flier straight to Ararat, the run had just started and l spotted bubba going down the road so l squeezed in to the line (as discretely as a nomad can ) l finaly met up with them at the first stop, again as usual l was real low on fuel, not having time to fill up ! the ride went around in a 160 klm loop through Moyston, Halls Gap where l refuel ( after watching the fuel light flash away for about 40ks) then to a sort of staging area a couple of ks from Ararat where everyone regrouped then rode back into Ararat to some park where they had drinks,food and entertainment, we stayed for an hr or so then headed back to Melb with Bubba's crew, all in all a most enjoyable day, my trip meter showed 761 ks round trip, the run was well organized and the boy's in blue did an excellent job blocking roads ect as well as mixing with the riders, they deserve full credit for a great job..piccie's to come :top:

wgash1
25-01-10, 01:49 PM
a couple of pic's of the ride

wgash1
25-01-10, 01:55 PM
some more.....

wgash1
25-01-10, 02:18 PM
last but not least, 1st pic, my beautiful daughter who sat on the back of the nomad all day without complaint....taking picie's/ falling asleep occasionally and being a great backrest, beside her is Graham who was the previous owner of the gnomad.....he downgraded to a GTR1400, who now is my partner in crime on most of the rides l do. the rest are just artyfarty (can l say that ?) pic's through the windsield

wgash1
25-01-10, 02:30 PM
This is a warning to parents who try to drag their kids out of bed at 4.30 in the morning to go for a little ride with daddy on the motorbike....1st pic, sweet Rhi....second pic, 4.30 in the morning lol....if l get sprung putting these pic's up on the forum " l am so dead"

madcow
25-01-10, 08:46 PM
ha ha ha youre so dead wayne.... scared the ***** outa me....

you cant miss bubbas crew, or that big mudflap in the pics, thanks for sharing mate.

bens369
25-01-10, 08:59 PM
I'm in on this one...me and the missus, being Valentines day n all...:deal:

IF1960
25-01-10, 09:00 PM
Awesome Wayne ... your pillion is gunna rue the day she showed you how to post pics mate .. You may become an ex father next :rofl:

I won't tell her, I promise ( send cheque now)

Your racking up the k's mate .. Practicing for a Far Riders gig ??

wgash1
25-01-10, 09:29 PM
hey lF1960, its ether do the kays or stay home and mow the lawn.....short grass is sooo overrated

easyrider
26-01-10, 01:19 AM
geez ya startn to get some k`s up wayne.....good to see mate & thanks for the pics....they were very arty & very farty cheers lol

mickdundee
26-01-10, 11:04 AM
I'll be there helping out on the day again as it seems that's my destiny, helping out or helping organise all these bloody runs... given Feb 14 is 3 weeks away I should be right license wise and have taken the day off on leave to boot.

Party the 13th but i'll jast have a few quiet ones :)

Ekaz900
26-01-10, 06:08 PM
3 weeks hey we had all better start gathering brownie points.

How pratical is it for us to have a ride from the north meet up with the guys cominf out of melb ?

Or is it just simple to meet at the destination given we are coming from opposite directions

wgash1
26-01-10, 06:15 PM
nothin to stop you from all meeting in a central point...say Benalla then cruising down the midland hwy to the destination, it should be a good day out

Ekaz900
26-01-10, 07:52 PM
Good plan Wayne

I was a bit unsure what the course was to get there but if going through Benalla that would work

mickdundee
27-01-10, 10:17 AM
Have been wanted about the local constabulary at Benalla by the copper that let me off 3 points near Mansfield ages ago, they're really really good at writing tickets I hear :) Might be best for me to meet at the destination, i'll have to be early to help setup and stuff anyways.

easyrider
27-01-10, 10:59 AM
benalla between the to exits on the hwy is always red hot for polds,the locals are pretty good,its euroa & wangaratta where you have to watch ya p`s & q`s

mickdundee
27-01-10, 01:48 PM
I'm a cop/speed camera magnet I gotta watch em friggin everywehre!

mickdundee
31-01-10, 12:36 PM
Guys, for those that haven't already, please head to the website www.rideforthehills.org.au and pre-register, that will save you and us both time and hassle on the day and also put you in the prize draw for a gift voucher of $1000 to be spent on bike gear at A1 in Ringwood plus 2 other prizes of a similar nature.

Realise not everyone is in Melbourne so if you win, i'm more than happy to take it off your hands and go to Ringwood myself to spend the 1k, no probs, cos that's just the kind of bloke I am, kind hearted and generous to the end, always thinking about others rather than myself.

wgash1
31-01-10, 01:27 PM
all done,hopefully they'll get another good turnout

pos bike
02-02-10, 01:51 PM
Planning on going. Anyone riding down from the Geelong area?

IF1960
02-02-10, 10:12 PM
Thought it might be a good idea to set a meet point for AKRF members prior to heading onto start line for the ride ...

Assembly starts at 8.00am ride starts at 11.00 from Pit Lane, Aughty Drive Albert Park

How about the Power House function Center carpark on Lakeside drive ?? Just on the other side of the lake fron the start point

Open to other suggestions and meeting time ...:cheers:

mickdundee
03-02-10, 02:46 AM
Sounds good Ian, if i'm not there go without me as i'll already be at the start point manning a registration desk or marshalling.

92ninja
04-02-10, 08:06 PM
im thinking on joining this aswell just wondering if anyone from northern suburbs is gunna have a meet up first or ?

mickdundee
05-02-10, 07:35 PM
I'll be leaving from coburg but manning a registration table to need to be there 7am for a briefing, if yhou want to hook up that's fine by me.

92ninja
05-02-10, 09:31 PM
will let u know thanx mick just more to see if it worth organising like a mini meet if a few from this side are going

pos bike
06-02-10, 05:53 AM
I am more then happy to do a pre meet up, not from northern suburbs but it's a lot easier to meet up with peeps then to find them at the start

Adam250r
06-02-10, 09:22 PM
I am 90% there so far, leaving from point cook.

madcow
06-02-10, 10:03 PM
looks like me and the mistress will be in attendance, if you see me make sure to say g,day, the mistress will have the akrf stickers on the screen.

Ekaz900
07-02-10, 07:19 AM
Ok so looks like Madcow and I will be going to the start, via Bendigo then doing the ride from the start. I assume we could hook up with anyone from the North then catch up with Ian at his meeting point. The only small flaw in this plan is we are just simple country boys and have no idea where anything is down in the big smoke. How about we meet up at Mac's near Calder park and then ride in. LOL isn't that on the way for everyone :)

mickdundee
07-02-10, 09:10 AM
looks like me and the mistress will be in attendance, if you see me make sure to say g,day, the mistress will have the akrf stickers on the screen.

Colin, you wearing AKRF stickers for glasses nowadays? :) What's the ETA at Calder Park Colin??

Ekaz900
07-02-10, 10:55 AM
No bloody idea Mick, no point making times until a meeting point has been agreed too.

If we get a few suggestions we might even be able to do a bit of a ride around and gather up people as we go. Might even get a few join us as we traverse the state, there must be others we can gather as we ride along. Just looking for expressions of interest at this stage.

As for the glasses you got to remember I usually follow Madcow so I cant see a bloody thing lol

bens369
07-02-10, 12:28 PM
No bloody idea Mick, no point making times until a meeting point has been agreed too.
As for the glasses you got to remember I usually follow Madcow so I cant see a bloody thing lol
Too Much "GREENERY" to see past MC...:peace:

Ekaz900
07-02-10, 05:06 PM
Absolutely Ben and very broad in the beam as they say :)

madcow
07-02-10, 07:45 PM
missed a great ride today ekaz...

easyrider
07-02-10, 10:22 PM
im a possible go`er,but it going to be an early start if the meet up starts @8am?

Ekaz900
08-02-10, 05:19 AM
8:00 is a bit to early I think Easy, if we pre register that should save some time.
I was thinking around a 10:00 arrival before departing at 11:00
Ian is happy to meet us somewhere on the northern side of town and guide us in. No others starters from the north yet so after tonight we will set some meet times and lock everything in place. If you are coming I might have to meet madcow in elmore ( I know thats the opposite direction to melb from bendigo but hell its better to ride with mates than alone) then meet you somewhere along the way.
Initial thoughts are about 8:00 at maca's in bendigo if thats the way we go.

mickdundee
08-02-10, 09:25 AM
I would have liked to hook up Col, but I need to be thre 7am, sorry.

Ekaz900
08-02-10, 05:31 PM
Sorry Mick but I aint doing a 4:00 am start for anyone, not sure Madcow would want to start at 3:00am either lol
Hope to see you at the event, you should be easy to find I will just follow the police cars :)

madcow
08-02-10, 09:00 PM
just like a scene from blues brothers...

Deadlyfield
08-02-10, 11:52 PM

If we get a few suggestions we might even be able to do a bit of a ride around and gather up people as we go. Might even get a few join us as we traverse the state, there must be others we can gather as we ride along. Just looking for expressions of interest at this stage.

I'm 99% sure of going, I can meet up along the Calder somewhere.

Ekaz900
09-02-10, 06:32 AM
Excellent Deadly

Will you be on the 900 or the scooter ?

I will chase up madcow tonight and lock in some times with him then we can lock in a time with you and go from there

easyrider
09-02-10, 08:44 AM
if you ride the scooter you "have" to wear a white suit!!!!! & then you can be the ride captain hahahaha pmsl haha

mickdundee
09-02-10, 10:12 AM
Sorry Mick but I aint doing a 4:00 am start for anyone, not sure Madcow would want to start at 3:00am either lol
Hope to see you at the event, you should be easy to find I will just follow the police cars :)

Ahh yes jest away, I just called Vic Roads and I have 12 points, yes you read right 12 whole points!!!!!

How long they last is another question but hopefully I can get through 3 years :)

Ekaz900
09-02-10, 11:30 AM
You will only make it if you convert your ride to a cruiser and get off the "look at me Mr policemen" bike of yours

mickdundee
09-02-10, 12:34 PM
Well Blue Thunder is up for grabs but seemingly noone is grabbing it, not going to slap it on bikesales as not THAT desperate to move it so looks like I just need to adjust the main nut a bit, ie the nut that joins the handlebars to the seat..

easyrider
09-02-10, 12:36 PM
Ahh yes jest away, I just called Vic Roads and I have 12 points, yes you read right 12 whole points!!!!!

How long they last is another question but hopefully I can get through 3 years :)

wont happen no way no how.........trust me ya hoon!

madcow
09-02-10, 04:05 PM
lucky to make it 3 months mick

Ekaz900
09-02-10, 06:16 PM
Sorry Mick
I got to agree with Mad and Rev the odds are very much against you

Ekaz900
09-02-10, 06:41 PM
OK so how about those coming in from the North Meet at Macca's near calder park at 9:30
Thats the Maccas's in the inbound side. If we register before attending a 10:00 arrival should give us pleanty of time before the 11:00 departure for the final venue.
I am hoping Mick will let us know if an hour for pre registered rider is not enough time.
So at this stage we are looking at Rev, IF1960, Madcow, possibly Deadly, and myself all hooking up at 9:30 before doing a group ride to the start point. Any others would be more than welcome. Please let me know so we can ensure no one gets left behind

madcow
09-02-10, 08:17 PM
might pay to start a seperate thread for that ekaz, just so it dosent get lost in here.

mickdundee
09-02-10, 09:23 PM
If you're pre-registered then getting there an hour early will be fine Colin. If you need to register on the day then obviously the earlier the better.

Ekaz900
09-02-10, 09:49 PM
Thanks for that Mick

madcow
09-02-10, 09:59 PM
so where do we end up

IF1960
09-02-10, 10:24 PM
MC from my humble abode its about a 35 min trip to pick up Ekaz and any others at macas calder ... then about the same to the start point .. we do a big loop from here..

Are there any others comming from south or east that want to meet up somewhere close to albert park ???

the ride its self will re trace our pick up of Col some what before ending at Whittlesea about 75 - 90 mins later i recon depending on pace

pos bike
10-02-10, 06:28 AM
Myself and the monster in law (other half wants her to get out and meet people) will prob join th convoy from Geelong at the road house in scumsville. I'll pm madcow or Ian to try to work out somewhere to meet you guys. Were both preregistered so signing In should be easy.

Deadlyfield
10-02-10, 12:07 PM
That will be on the 900, will be leaving the scooter on the Island.

Excellent Deadly

Will you be on the 900 or the scooter ?

I will chase up madcow tonight and lock in some times with him then we can lock in a time with you and go from there

Ekaz900
11-02-10, 05:02 PM
Anybody else having trouble getting the email confirming preregistration on this one.
Its been 48 hours and still no email, I sent an email to them this morning requestin an update and have not heard anything about that either, things are not looking to good on this being sorted before tomorrow night :(
Its a great cause but just be careful if you are preregistering as it looking like there is no one sending out the confirmations so it looks like you could be billed twice.
Its a great cause but organisationally they are only set up to take your money

IF1960
11-02-10, 06:13 PM
No confo e mail from the site .. I have printed my Paypal receipt hope thats enough or we might be renaming it Blood in the Hills ride ...

Ekaz900
11-02-10, 07:42 PM
Looks like that might be the best we can do.
Why do i get the feeling that we will actually take longer to argue about whether we paid or not , than we would have taken to register....perhaps I'm just paranoid

madcow
11-02-10, 08:12 PM
i might just register there then

mickdundee
11-02-10, 10:05 PM
Ian that will more than suffice, Mad Moo, great prizes are on offer ONLY for those that pre-register, your call, i'll happily take your money no drama :)

IF1960
11-02-10, 10:07 PM
Thanks Mick .. see ya there mate

madcow
11-02-10, 10:13 PM
i might pre register tommorrow then. ill be all day in the office so i will get on there and have a rip.

pos bike
11-02-10, 10:21 PM
hey Mick Will showing them the paypal reciept email on the Iphone suffice? My printer has been packed as I am moving to ringwood tomoz

easyrider
12-02-10, 01:06 AM
yeah i got no printer either & i pre rego`d today aswell,how the hell they gunna know ive paid?

Ekaz900
12-02-10, 05:49 AM
Easy if you used paypal, send the paypal email to myself or madcow and we can print and give to you. Madcow is possibly the best option as you will see him saturday, or I am happy to do it and give it to you on sunday.
Rottaa if you don't know anyone local with a printer I am hapy to print for you and then the trick will be 2 strangers finding each other amoungst 1000 bikes lol. pm me if you run out of options and I will gladly print for you

Deadlyfield
12-02-10, 11:08 AM
Got my pay pal reciept, and recieved an Email, below

Thankyou for your pre-registration, to keep it simple on the day please follow the instructions.

1. Gates open at 8am. Give yourself plenty of time to sign in.

2. Go to the Motorcycling Australia " big black van "

3. Sign in at the deck and receive your wrist strap, head light sticker and ticket. (If you have registered for multiple people, you need to collect the wristbands and stickers on behalf of those you have registered for)

4. Put the wrist strap on your left hand

5. Put the sticker on the head light

4. Be at the stage area at 10am for the prize draw

You will need to display your wrist strap to get into the festival and sticker to get into the car park.

Thankyou for taking the time to pre-register for RFTH 2010, your registration assists organizers and authorities to plan the event requirements

Good luck with the prize draw and have a great ride

Ride For The Hills Inc
Committee

easyrider
12-02-10, 11:23 AM
i can tell ya right now ive pre rego`d but if its storming like it was when i went down in the truck last night theres no way im going,hurricane winds,torrential rain,hail,lightning & b- doubles just dont mix or make for a happy week end!

madcow
12-02-10, 01:33 PM
nah the weather will be fine by then easy... might pay to have your screen on in case of a light shower though, (very snmall chance.)

easyrider
12-02-10, 01:51 PM
what are the plans then,where we meeting & what time?

madcow
12-02-10, 02:18 PM
dunno i wil grab a map and have a look, i just registered so im all locked in

easyrider
12-02-10, 02:22 PM
post em up tonight so i can have a look when i get home from work in the morning can ya!

madcow
12-02-10, 02:39 PM
how does meeting in wallan sound? or i could make it over to seymour? it will be mid afternoon before i can get down to there though. ive got to pour a job before i can leave, but i will leave the boys to finish it off.

madcow
12-02-10, 02:40 PM
depends on if you want to cut acroos the back and come in on the calder or take the risk of the ring road.

Ekaz900
12-02-10, 03:34 PM
Thanks Deadly
Looks like we better bring the meet time at macca's forward 30 mins so what say we all catch up at macca's opposite Calder at 9:00 that way we should be at the start for the prize draw. I reckon one of our group will be lucky enough to win a prize

IF1960
12-02-10, 09:51 PM
Looks like Ekaz and Deadlyfield will be at the Maccas opposite the Calder raceway at 9.00 .. Easyrider, Madcow and myself will be meeting them there

Any of you other North or Westerners want to meet us there you are most welcome

We will then head down the Calder and Tullamarine freeway to Albert Park.

I understand there is some sort of stage set up at the start .. So I propose we get as many AKRF members we can to meet at the front left corner of the staging area @ 10.00am

Look out for Easyrider ,, he's as big as a house, ugly as a hat full and bald as a badger .. "YOU CAN"T MISS HIM" ...

Please post here

http://www.kawariders.com.au/showthread.php?t=11012

Ride for the Hills, Sunday thread in soapbox

if you are attending so we know who to catch up with..

madcow
12-02-10, 09:57 PM
i have started a special thread in the soapbox to gain numbers...we also may have wgash at the servo.

IF1960
12-02-10, 10:05 PM
fixed it:drum: