PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Toy Run

mickdundee
24-11-09, 11:44 PM
Just a heads up that Monday night just past a group of us went down to Williamstown to scope the new site. All in all it looks to be an excellent venue with perhaps the only downside to the place being no grass to sit on, that being siad, this site has shelter if we need it which we don't have in the park.

Thanks go out to primarily Dan Rotman who has done pretty much all the leg work for the Toy Run this year, thanks also to Hazel Finnie from City of Hobsons Bay for the Seaworks recommendation, Edena Critch for allowing us to use it and Phillip Holian from Willy police for traffic liason on the day.

Sunday December 13th, still in Williamstown as always just 100 metres or so closer to the beach from the park where we have been the last few years.

Be there, we have entertainment laid on, one jazz guitarist/singer, 2 bands and a stunt motorcylist to boot.

Coffee van will be in attendance, there is a tavern on site that will be open on the day plus various other exhibitors and food vendors.

Rides to the destination are leaving from Cranbourne, Ferntree Gully, Lilydale, Eltham, Werribee, Melton and Latrobe St City.

See http://www.toyrun.org.au/index.php?page=main-event for further details.

Anyone that is able to lead the Eltham or Melton ride, please email myself, membershipsecretary at mravic.org.au I would love to hear from you and I can always use more marshals on the ground on the day.

Please note you will have to be a financial member of the MRA to marshal as our insurance will then cover you should something go pear shaped.

Deadlyfield
25-11-09, 08:41 AM
G'day. Mick, what hapens , the web site isn't very clear, do we bring toy's, or pick them up?
I'm in Melton, but the way I came back from Thornton, we could end up in Ballaratt if I was leading.

mickdundee
25-11-09, 10:52 AM
DF, the Toy Run happens every year and always on the 2nd Sunday in December and has finished at Willy for a number of years now. The whole idea of it is to show that riders aren't all drug running paedophiles.

The idea is you decorate your bike to look christmassy (if you want) and bring toys and non perishable foods and cash (if you want) which all gets donated to the Salvos and they distribute to those more in need than ourselves so that more people get to have a Christmas of some sorts.

As for the run from Melton-Willy, it's slabbing straight up the freeway then turn left into Williamstown rd off the Westgate and then follow the signs. Can't get much easier..

Ekaz900
25-11-09, 08:15 PM
DF, the Toy Run happens every year and always on the 2nd Sunday in December and has finished at Willy for a number of years now. The whole idea of it is to show that riders aren't all drug running paedophiles.

The idea is you decorate your bike to look christmassy (if you want) and bring toys and non perishable foods and cash (if you want) which all gets donated to the Salvos and they distribute to those more in need than ourselves so that more people get to have a Christmas of some sorts.

As for the run from Melton-Willy, it's slabbing straight up the freeway then turn left into Williamstown rd off the Westgate and then follow the signs. Can't get much easier..

Err Mick last time all DF had to do was head towards the shinny lights and he missed Melbourne lol

Joffaboy
26-11-09, 05:08 AM
hi Mick I've done the last two always leave from Cranbourne
Great day and great cause :star: